Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Torq-Masters Industries New Model: TORQ Locker Honda Talon Prototype Testing at King of the Hammers

Rochester, New York, February 10, 2021

Torq-Masters Industries was the first aftermarket manufacturer to offer a patented mechanical locker for UTV’s and ATV’s. After the successful release of the TORQ Locker for Can-Am UTV’s and ATV’s Honda Pioneer 500’s, Honda early TRX and Polaris models, Dave Cole, Founder of the King of the Hammers race reached out to Torq-Masters for a custom TORQ Locker for the Honda Talon on very short notice. The opportunity to race prove our TORQ Locker design for Factory Team Honda UTV was something we could not refuse. In 10 days we designed, manufactured and shipped cross country 3 TORQ Lockers for Team Honda.

“The Honda Talon platform works incredibly well. The I-4WD system is fantastic in the desert and allows the Talon to get up 95% of the rock trails without winching on the King of the Hammers course. Paired with the TORQ locker, the Talon is unfazed by any terrain thrown it’s way. The locker allowed me to drive all day without having to kick my codriver out to winch a single obstacle.” – Bailey Cole #13

After successfully testing the TORQ Locker in the Team Honda pre-runner Talon it was decided to install the 2 other TORQ Lockers in the 2 Team Honda Talon race cars to be driven by Bailey Cole #13 and Jordan Pellegrino #98. The race was intense and the TORQ Locker helped Bailey pull off a race with no winching, finishing in 17th place out of 97 UTV’s that qualified for the race. Jordan was not far behind with a respectable 28th finish.

Introducing the race proven TORQ Locker for Honda Talon, Made in the USA by Torq-Masters Industries

For release schedule and pre-orders please contact [email protected]

The TORQ Locker is the most advanced, strongest, highest quality automatic locking differential on the planet, proven in the most extreme vehicles from hard-core Rock Crawling, racing the King of the Hammers, Rock Bouncing, Sand Dunes and Mud Drags. To back this all up, Torq-Masters Industries offers an unprecedented 4 year warranty on the TORQ Locker with no tire size, horsepower limits or loopholes. Torq-Masters Industries is committed to building the highest quality locking differentials possible. To be the best, we build with the best, TORQ Locker is 100 percent Made in the USA with 100 percent USA raw materials.

Keep it Simple, no air-lines to leak, compressors to fail, cables to adjust or electrical gremlins, the TORQ Locker gives you piece of mind as a reliable, mechanical, automatic locker that can handle any terrain. The innovative design features of the TORQ Locker have three game-changing benefits;

Creates true 4WD by replacing stock spider gears in the differential.
Easiest Locker on the market to install, no spacers, no dowel pins, no cables, air or electrical lines.
The machined Key-Way design of the Cam gears can't shear, ever.

To build the TORQ Locker, Torq-Masters Industries demands the highest quality control standards, protocol and materials. The TORQ Locker is CNC Machined from USA made 9310 steel alloy for maximum durability and long life using their proprietary manufacturing processes in an ISO 9001 certified facility in Rochester NY. Locker components are then heat treated with proprietary procedures in a TS16949 certified facility with 100 percent quality audits utilizing electron microscopy testing. Quality control of this caliber is very rare in the Aftermarket Off-Road Industry, but Torq-Masters goes the extra mile to build the best, because you deserve the best.

Torq-Masters team of engineers make every effort to ensure that the model fitment listed is accurate. However, due to vehicle manufacturers differential options, using available inventory, prior vehicle owner modifications, etc. it is the customers responsibility to confirm that the model TORQ Locker they order fits their differential.
Fitment: 2019 + Honda Pioneer Talon

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When in 2WD what affect does the locker have? Is there any difference from stock in simply having the locker installed when in 2WD?

A: There should be no perceivable difference than stock in 2WD with a front TORQ Locker installed

Q: Does the TORQ Locker™ ever disengage?

A: The TORQ Locker™ never technically disengages, but it does allow for wheel spin differentiation so you can turn and steer the vehicle. The Locker achieves wheel speed differentiation through ratcheting. A slight audible click maybe noticeable at low speeds, this is an indication of the locker ratcheting.

Q: Where is the TORQ Locker™ made?

A: The TORQ Locker™ is made 100% in the USA from USA made raw materials. Our manufacturing facility is in Rochester NY.

Q: What is the Warranty on the TORQ Locker™?

A: The TORQ Locker™ has a 4 year warranty with no tire size or horsepower limitations. The warranty does not cover damage to the locker from driveline component failures such as broken axle shafts or other differential failures.

FB IMG 1613009625060

FB IMG 1613008981975
FB IMG 1613008974333
FB IMG 1613008969296
FB IMG 1613008963548

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Torq-Masters Industries New Model: TORQ Locker Honda Talon Prototype Testing at King of the Hammers

Rochester, New York, February 10, 2021

Torq-Masters Industries was the first aftermarket manufacturer to offer a patented mechanical locker for UTV’s and ATV’s. After the successful release of the TORQ Locker for Can-Am UTV’s and ATV’s Honda Pioneer 500’s, Honda early TRX and Polaris models, Dave Cole, Founder of the King of the Hammers race reached out to Torq-Masters for a custom TORQ Locker for the Honda Talon on very short notice. The opportunity to race prove our TORQ Locker design for Factory Team Honda UTV was something we could not refuse. In 10 days we designed, manufactured and shipped cross country 3 TORQ Lockers for Team Honda.

“The Honda Talon platform works incredibly well. The I-4WD system is fantastic in the desert and allows the Talon to get up 95% of the rock trails without winching on the King of the Hammers course. Paired with the TORQ locker, the Talon is unfazed by any terrain thrown it’s way. The locker allowed me to drive all day without having to kick my codriver out to winch a single obstacle.” – Bailey Cole #13

After successfully testing the TORQ Locker in the Team Honda pre-runner Talon it was decided to install the 2 other TORQ Lockers in the 2 Team Honda Talon race cars to be driven by Bailey Cole #13 and Jordan Pellegrino #98. The race was intense and the TORQ Locker helped Bailey pull off a race with no winching, finishing in 17th place out of 97 UTV’s that qualified for the race. Jordan was not far behind with a respectable 28th finish.

Introducing the race proven TORQ Locker for Honda Talon, Made in the USA by Torq-Masters Industries

For release schedule and pre-orders please contact [email protected]

The TORQ Locker is the most advanced, strongest, highest quality automatic locking differential on the planet, proven in the most extreme vehicles from hard-core Rock Crawling, racing the King of the Hammers, Rock Bouncing, Sand Dunes and Mud Drags. To back this all up, Torq-Masters Industries offers an unprecedented 4 year warranty on the TORQ Locker with no tire size, horsepower limits or loopholes. Torq-Masters Industries is committed to building the highest quality locking differentials possible. To be the best, we build with the best, TORQ Locker is 100 percent Made in the USA with 100 percent USA raw materials.

Keep it Simple, no air-lines to leak, compressors to fail, cables to adjust or electrical gremlins, the TORQ Locker gives you piece of mind as a reliable, mechanical, automatic locker that can handle any terrain. The innovative design features of the TORQ Locker have three game-changing benefits;

Creates true 4WD by replacing stock spider gears in the differential.
Easiest Locker on the market to install, no spacers, no dowel pins, no cables, air or electrical lines.
The machined Key-Way design of the Cam gears can't shear, ever.

To build the TORQ Locker, Torq-Masters Industries demands the highest quality control standards, protocol and materials. The TORQ Locker is CNC Machined from USA made 9310 steel alloy for maximum durability and long life using their proprietary manufacturing processes in an ISO 9001 certified facility in Rochester NY. Locker components are then heat treated with proprietary procedures in a TS16949 certified facility with 100 percent quality audits utilizing electron microscopy testing. Quality control of this caliber is very rare in the Aftermarket Off-Road Industry, but Torq-Masters goes the extra mile to build the best, because you deserve the best.

Torq-Masters team of engineers make every effort to ensure that the model fitment listed is accurate. However, due to vehicle manufacturers differential options, using available inventory, prior vehicle owner modifications, etc. it is the customers responsibility to confirm that the model TORQ Locker they order fits their differential.
Fitment: 2019 + Honda Pioneer Talon

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When in 2WD what affect does the locker have? Is there any difference from stock in simply having the locker installed when in 2WD?

A: There should be no perceivable difference than stock in 2WD with a front TORQ Locker installed

Q: Does the TORQ Locker™ ever disengage?

A: The TORQ Locker™ never technically disengages, but it does allow for wheel spin differentiation so you can turn and steer the vehicle. The Locker achieves wheel speed differentiation through ratcheting. A slight audible click maybe noticeable at low speeds, this is an indication of the locker ratcheting.

Q: Where is the TORQ Locker™ made?

A: The TORQ Locker™ is made 100% in the USA from USA made raw materials. Our manufacturing facility is in Rochester NY.

Q: What is the Warranty on the TORQ Locker™?

A: The TORQ Locker™ has a 4 year warranty with no tire size or horsepower limitations. The warranty does not cover damage to the locker from driveline component failures such as broken axle shafts or other differential failures.

View attachment 254000
View attachment 253998View attachment 253997View attachment 253996View attachment 253995
Still rather someone come out with cable diff guts for it, would be awesome combo with I4wd. Nice things are happening though.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Talon was delivered 'pretty damn good' from Honda, with aftermarket support like this, it will only get better. Poo Poo might have the bells and whistles but it will never have the reliability.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
fwiw: I looked at the locker for the P500 earlier and I think it's $450.

At this point, what difference does it make. :p
I've got one in my 500, it just works. I have no reason to switch to the TL in the Talon other than I want to, the i4wd has worked great but if I can turn it into a simple mechanical locker I will just for the simplicity.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have an offroad racing buddy who lives in upstate NY that is very good friends with the owners of Torq. I'll see if he can get me some inside info on how well they held up at KOH this year. I doubt anybody will be torturing their Talon the way those guys did at KOH.

Another cool thing about the release of this new locker..... No need for I4WD for rock crawling anymore. Pair up the locker with an I4WD bypass harness and it should be a bulletproof setup. :cool:

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Another cool thing about the release of this new locker..... No need for I4WD for rock crawling anymore. Pair up the locker with an I4WD bypass harness and it should be a bulletproof setup. :cool:
Why would you need to bypass i4WD? If the TL is as good as everyone says it is then i4WD will never engage so why waste time or money bypassing it? It won't have anything to do to bypass. What am I missing?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Why would you need to bypass i4WD? If the TL is as good as everyone says it is then i4WD will never engage so why waste time or money bypassing it? It won't have anything to do to bypass. What am I missing?
For one, the I4WD system has the ability to disconnect the front diff clutch in certain situations making the car 2wd. and if you don't need it with a locker why keep it? The less computerized crap thinking for me the better. There is absolutely no need for an ABS unit on an offroad vehicle.

Torq-Masters

Torq-Masters

Vendor
Jul 11, 2018
Rochester NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
HI All
The TORQ Lockers in the 2 Factory Honda Talon team UTV's had no issues at KOH, no axle failures either. From our testing there's no need to delete the i4WD for rocks and desert racing. We are assuming there will be no issue in the mud either.
Honda Pioneer 500 TORQ Locker is $429 for reference. The Honda Talon locker has 2 additional pieces, both made from 9310 alloy, the case and the cross pin. So more machine time, material, heat treat, etc. We are still working on final pricing.

Best way to reach us is via email, [email protected]

We are very excited for this new model!

- Cora

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
HI All
The TORQ Lockers in the 2 Factory Honda Talon team UTV's had no issues at KOH, no axle failures either. From our testing there's no need to delete the i4WD for rocks and desert racing. We are assuming there will be no issue in the mud either.
Honda Pioneer 500 TORQ Locker is $429 for reference. The Honda Talon locker has 2 additional pieces, both made from 9310 alloy, the case and the cross pin. So more machine time, material, heat treat, etc. We are still working on final pricing.

Best way to reach us is via email, [email protected]

We are very excited for this new model!

- Cora
When do you expect it to be available to order?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!