P1000 Tow-behind camping trailer

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I hunt mountain lion a lot here in Nevada, and I always tell my clients that they are WAY safer out here in the middle of nowhere sleeping under the stars and trees, than they are in town. Those cats want nothing to do with us. I've never heard of a cat getting ballsy enough to come into a tent. You have a bigger problem with a curious bear. In the event you are in bear country of course.. But honestly, I don't think you should be basing your decisions due to the fear of a lion. I sleep in deep lion country on the ground in my bed roll and have never had a problem. Digger is right.. if that happens, it's your time to go.
Sincere thanks for the clarification. I will readily admit this is not my area of expertise. It worries me less than the wife and her family but it is a concern. From what I've read (yes, that is my sole expertise) if you have deer you get mountain lions and I know we have both. I guess as long as they eat the deer and turkeys then I'll tell those concerned to chill out. And pick up a new 1911 while I'm at it.

B

Bduck04

Feb 17, 2016
Nevada
Sincere thanks for the clarification. I will readily admit this is not my area of expertise. It worries me less than the wife and her family but it is a concern. From what I've read (yes, that is my sole expertise) if you have deer you get mountain lions and I know we have both. I guess as long as they eat the deer and turkeys then I'll tell those concerned to chill out. And pick up a new 1911 while I'm at it.
Hahaha.. That's right. Spend your money on a new gun instead of buying a bomb proof trailer. Like I said, when we hunt cats, we are in deep deer country. So that'swhat we look for. We're so deep into the wilderness we don't even have the option of trailer. So bed roll and dirt is where we sleep. And I truly mean that I feel much more safe out there than I do in the of our smallest town in Nevada. You're good, my man.

Reactions: Itsalljake
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Have you seen the "Jumping Jack" trailers? They convert from a trailer you can haul your P1K in into a tent trailer. I bet you could haul this with your P1K as well. I know I want one.

6x8 demo

Tent Trailers | Jumping Jack Trailers
I don't think that would hold a P1K. The guys around here say 6x10 minimum. That looks more like 6x8.

UTRider

UTRider

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2016
Pleasant Grove, UT
I don't think that would hold a P1K. The guys around here say 6x10 minimum. That looks more like 6x8.
They also have a 6' X 12' and a 6' X 17', not that I'm trying to sell you on it ;)

Or maybe I am, so I get your opinion before I waste ...er... I mean... spend my money on it.

Reactions: Itsalljake
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
They also have a 6' X 12' and a 6' X 17', not that I'm trying to sell you on it ;)

Or maybe I am, so I get your opinion before I waste ...er... I mean... spend my money on it.
Well, I was halfway sold, until I saw the 2100lb curb weight. Don't think the P1K would like that too much.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I'm putting this under the P1K threads because these machines will have the most power to pull. While satiating my impatience with not being in my P1K yet, I came upon an entirely different accessory that I now sorely need. The camping trailer. I'm leaning towards the off-road style tear drop because I want a hard cabin for protection from mountain lions and curious boar. The three that have piqued my interest are linked below, in no particular order. Hoping this thread will incite some lively debate and useful information.

PS. I do not have the time or inclination to build my own but wouldn't mind seeing what others have built.

Teardrop | AT Overland

TerraDrop: Off Road Capable, Overland -inspired Teardrop Trailer. Built for Adventure!

Moby1 XTR Teardrop Trailer
thats cool as s***!!!

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
For anyone who is interested in resources on this subject, I found the link.

Manufacturers

They have just about every type of camping trailer. Now I'm in trouble. I'm still leaning towards the hard body, mountain lions aside, because the wind on the ranch can pick up pretty quick. The off-road hard body's look like you can use it anywhere. They kid wants to camp in the driveway, no problem. Friends who live far away and you don't want to crash on the couch, no problem. You want drive through a couple small stream and camp on a ridge line, no problem. Park disconnect and go exploring, secure belongings and no problem.

I'll update you guys in a few years after I've paid off the P1Kd that I don't have yet. Unless the wife gets convinced sooner.

Reactions: UTRider
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Yeah, I didn't notice the weight. That's a bummer.
Idk only 200 pounds over weight with 100 pounds of stuff in it prob not a problem especially using low range when needed

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Idk only 200 pounds over weight with 100 pounds of stuff in it prob not a problem especially using low range when needed
Yeah, I started another thread to get some feedback from the community about their real-world towing capacity. The cooler ones get up to 1500lbs bone stock and dry.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!