Talon Tow hitch

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Mounted in fifteen minutes. 70 bucks included new bolts and nuts.

View attachment 129232

That looks like the ticket! Unfortunately, I've already got the Honda accessory steel rear bumper mounted back there. By all appearances, it looks like the hitch would not accommodate the bumper. However, I believe with a bit of metal removal, thereby allowing the lower support arms of the bumper to pass through the hitch plate, it might be possible. Don't know how much it would compromise the strength of the receiver hitch though. Think I'll give them a call tomorrow and chat it up with them.

Steve

Wednomo

Wednomo

May 24, 2019
Nampa Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
Count me in too! I'd love to have a hitch for light weight trailer moving.

Wednomo

Wednomo

May 24, 2019
Nampa Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey thanks man, this really helped me out. I put my name on the list. They are currently out of them but hope to have them in and shipped in June. Also, the website has been updated. The Part # is 101755

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey thanks man, this really helped me out. I put my name on the list. They are currently out of them but hope to have them in and shipped in June. Also, the website has been updated. The Part # is 101755
Ordered one for myself today

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
anyone figured out how to have the hitch and the bumper yet. i want both.

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Pictures please. talked to them in the past they said the hitch wasn't compatible.

Reactions: TalonOwner
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pictures please. talked to them in the past they said the hitch wasn't compatible.
Right from their website. Not the clearest pics but you can see the hitch looks like it is placed first, then the bumper. BUT only their bumper looks like it will work with their hitch...
Upload 2019 10 18 17 45 39

Upload 2019 10 18 17 47 30

Reactions: Dragon21
ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Received 682345962270892
love the looks of this set up

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
That part does it all! Bumper, cargo corral, and receiver, sweet!

T

TalonOwner

Nov 6, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. Talon R
That looks like the ticket! Unfortunately, I've already got the Honda accessory steel rear bumper mounted back there. By all appearances, it looks like the hitch would not accommodate the bumper. However, I believe with a bit of metal removal, thereby allowing the lower support arms of the bumper to pass through the hitch plate, it might be possible. Don't know how much it would compromise the strength of the receiver hitch though. Think I'll give them a call tomorrow and chat it up with them.

Steve
Did you ever find out about the hitch working with the OEM rear bumper?
I also have the OEM rear bumper but want the hitch receiver as well. thanks.
9803473B 03B9 4CEC BF02 246C97DE6452

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Did you ever find out about the hitch working with the OEM rear bumper?
I also have the OEM rear bumper but want the hitch receiver as well. thanks. View attachment 167418

I did call them and talked about the possibility of redesign so as to accommodate the Honda bumper. They indicated that it was considered, but that the hitch would have to stick out so far as to compromise the strength/integrity of the unit. I question that, but it's what they said. Nonetheless, I purchased one and went to work whittling away at it so as to be able to stick the Honda bumper mounting arms through it. I was able to [finally] get it all mounted and spent a few moments standing back admiring my work. I then went to get a hitch bar and mount it in the receiver. THAT's when I found that it's impossible to insert the cross pin into the hitch because the previously-mentioned mounting arms are in the way.

Bottom line: Yes, it could have been designed such that the receiver would have fit with the Honda bumper in place. But, simply cutting access holes in the plate to accommodate the bumper mounting arms is not enough. One would have to cut the square tubing away from the plate and re-weld it about 1" lower in order to get it to work. Also, it would be useful for the receiver tube to extend further by a few inches, thus allowing more turning clearance for the hitch. I could do that, but frankly, I kind of lost interest in the project. I'll likely resurrect it at some point though. For the record, my intention was to use the receiver hitch to mount my TIger Tail towing system, not to actually tow a trailer.

Steve

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!