P500 Towing a boat

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date

Can I ask you a question?

• a) Does this boat make my Pioneer look big?

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • b) Does this Pioneer make my boat look big?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c) Neither look big

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • d) Both look big

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 3748

It was time to get my boat out of the lake for the year. I used my F150 to get it out of the lake because it's far superior to the P500 for that kind of work. ;) But for moving it around the yard, the P500 is the best tool for the job. But what do you think??? (See the poll)

IMAG00872

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It was time to get my boat out of the lake for the year. I used my F150 to get it out of the lake because it's far superior to the P500 for that kind of work. ;) But for moving it around the yard, the P500 is the best tool for the job. But what do you think??? (See the poll)

View attachment 22929
Damn, my boat will be in the water for two more months. Still 85* down here when we were out yesterday.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
J

JTW

Really! I'd think that you'd be good for another month there.
It's a COE flood control lake and they'll start dropping the 3rd week of October. There's still another month of pleasure boating left but most of the seasonal folks have started pulling them. Winter is the time to fish though.. Same amount of fish. Half the water!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's a COE flood control lake and they'll start dropping the 3rd week of October. There's still another month of pleasure boating left but most of the seasonal folks have started pulling them. Winter is the time to fish though.. Same amount of fish. Half the water!
And a quarter of the people competing. My lake doesn't draw down until mid November.

Reactions: JTW
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
You needed a F150 to pull that out ??? :D just messing with you...

Yep, I move my fishing boats around with the P500. Much easier than hooking it up to the vehicle. Now, the 20' bowrider w/350 merc, not so much.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

You needed a F150 to pull that out ??? :D just messing with you...

Yep, I move my fishing boats around with the P500. Much easier than hooking it up to the vehicle. Now, the 20' bowrider w/350 merc, not so much.

Haha. It's only a 15' boat but it does weigh 1500 lbs.

Has a 2 stroke 130 hp Rotax too. It can scoot. :D

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Haha. It's only a 15' boat but it does weigh 1500 lbs.

Has a 2 stroke 130 hp Rotax too. It can scoot. :D

Gee, a soccer mom suv can pull that out of the water! ;) :D

Now, my bowrider is pushing near 5K with trailer. I think the tongue weight itself could bottom out the P500.

Yea, those jet ski boats can move right along. I have seen some full size yamaha's with dual engines.

My SBC vortec pushes the bowrider to about 60mph. Fast enough for me on our smallish lake.

D

Deleted member 3748

Gee, a soccer mom suv can pull that out of the water! ;) :D

Now, my bowrider is pushing near 5K with trailer. I think the tongue weight itself could bottom out the P500.

Yea, those jet ski boats can move right along. I have seen some full size yamaha's with dual engines.

My SBC vortec pushes the bowrider to about 60mph. Fast enough for me on our smallish lake.

Mine stays in the 50s. Those Yamahas are awesome! That's what I want next if this Sea Doo ever quits running. Damn thing is 16 years old and still runs just fine. Hmmmmm... maybe I should have given those Can Ams another look.

D

Deleted member 3748

When I bought this boat, I was driving a minivan. o_O

Here's a video from a few weeks ago when we got our RAM tough claw. BTW no bow riders in this boat... they wouldn't survive. :D

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When I bought this boat, I was driving a minivan. o_O

Here's a video from a few weeks ago when we got our RAM tough claw. BTW no bow riders in this boat... they wouldn't survive. :D
I love your little Sea Doo. Nice boat. If you wanted it to look bigger, you might have trimmed the bushes around it.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ever bent the prop loading it on the trailer in reverse? ;)
Is that a trick question, I've never heard of anybody loading a boat on a trailer in reverse??????? :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!