P1000 TR sensor function

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does the TR sensor actually do? My rig will shift up but won't down shift below 5th or 4th gear. It stalls and when you restart it you can hear it trying to downshift or you can manually downshift with the paddles. At that point it will move forward but eventually go into limp mode (1st gear only). Code57. I do have a service manual. But at this point I'm wondering what the Transmission Range sensors actual function is

20210217 191531

H

HondaTech

The one in the sub trans tells the unit what range (P-L) your in. Then the one on the engine denotes gear position (1-6).

If at any time it can't figure out what gear your in, it will limp the machine incase there is a mechanical issue.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The one in the sub trans tells the unit what range (P-L) your in. Then the one on the engine denotes gear position (1-6).

If at any time it can't figure out what gear your in, it will limp the machine incase there is a mechanical issue.
Your a knowledgeable fellow. Thank you. That specific code is for the one on the engine, by the sub trans, under the seat. I've pulled and checked the shift motor and all of its wires, replacing a few things of concern. Checked grounds, battery terminals and such.. really sounds like that sensor is my issue.

H

Heath_holloway

Nov 28, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you end up replacing the TR sensor and solving the problem?
If so do you have the part number for the sensor? I’m having trouble finding it in parts diagram.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!