P1000 Sub transmission drum position sensor

N

Nolawlikevenlaw

Jun 9, 2021
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey, first time ever posting. Apparently in Canada maybe North America there are no shift drum position sensors. Mine is reading the incorrect gear it’s one off. It’s not a huge deal for now but when the bike is in high the ecu is reading it’s in neutral the clutches don’t engage. Is there a way to get the machine to relearn the positioning on this sensor? I made a small tab to turn my sensor and give it maybe an 1/8 of a turn and bang it reads the correct gear now in the correct position Any experience with this would be a big help

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you have your sub trans apart before this problem? Wondering if it could have anything to do with the service manual error that is known to exist on reassembly.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey, first time ever posting. Apparently in Canada maybe North America there are no shift drum position sensors.
Congrats! Took a whole 8 months! 😂 easy now Just messin with u lol.
As for your sensor problem, you can thank the Scamdemic for that.

Since you been on here that long you should know this (shame on you!🤣) so I wont go into the reasons.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

N

Nolawlikevenlaw

Jun 9, 2021
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m thinking about it more now. I think I messed up the shift lever position to the shift drum gear. I had the entire case split but didn’t find anything wrong. The only thing I did gain was a whole pile of extra adjustment room on the shift cable by complete fluke

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!