Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking for a waterproof bag because a red pelican case is just too expensive, where'd you fine one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0741BWRGW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Probably should start another First aid thread - and get more knowledgeable people in on it but here is the red bag that I did find. The orange bag is from Scouts (yea, 30 + years old) that orange bag has been down a lot of rivers in a canoe.

67E2C0FA 2032 42CA B0FD 181E8607C552 E3435EEE 173C 4C71 9B08 FA6444846424 4F4272E0 BEF7 4E54 A09C 27C356F5EFA1 E32AA378 E789 4CBE 8A49 7ED9F6911CF6

Last edited:
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will detail out what I carry with pictures. Basically in the red bag my plan is to carry items to help if gosh forbid there is a major injury while out of the trail. I have taken First Responder courses, CPR, and a couple gunshot wound classes (used to shoot more competitions and if your going to be on a range). My current kit is carried in the Truck at all times except when I transfer it to the Honda while out riding

I nowhere claim to be an expert and hope we can get some others with more medical experience to chime in (cough cough @Kilo427, @sugarray)

Detailed list of contents coming but inside I have tourniquet, 2 Israelie bandages, celox, wound packing gauze, chest seals, sharpie, tape, gloves, scissors.
I also have a few other things like liquid skin, bandaids, penlight, over the counter meds, cleaning wipes, tweezers and nail clippers.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
That's a pretty good basic list without going into the extremes I took wilderness first aid once upon a time and you would be suprised what you can use for first aid in a do or die situation.

You could perhaps add a Sam splint, one extra tourniquet (remember the leg may require two to stop bleeding) perhaps a needle for decompression for the chest seal (relatively small so no reason not to and an epi pen. Lord I am suprised how many people are deathly allergic to wasp and bees and never carry them.

First aid is one of those things that you can keep adding and adding until you have to much. What you have are great.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a pretty good basic list without going into the extremes I took wilderness first aid once upon a time and you would be suprised what you can use for first aid in a do or die situation.

You could perhaps add a Sam splint, one extra tourniquet (remember the leg may require two to stop bleeding) perhaps a needle for decompression for the chest seal (relatively small so no reason not to and an epi pen. Lord I am suprised how many people are deathly allergic to wasp and bees and never carry them.

First aid is one of those things that you can keep adding and adding until you have to much. What you have are great.
I do carry a couple tourniquets, usually 2 soft T’s and a RATs - I know the RATs is still a little controversial but they can be used on a youth where a soft T can not. I don’t know how to use a decompression needle - I have thought about still putting one in Incase there is someone there that does.
For an Epi pen - you have to have percriptions correct? ( speaking of allergies when did everyone become allergic to peanuts - I would have starved growing up if I did not have PB sandwiches)

Thanks for the feedback @Kilo427 !!

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got super glue for cuts.
Some of that stop bleeding powder for the more serious ones.
A bullet to bite on if we have to use the imr 4350 if your guts are hanging out and we need to pull a John Rambo.

Reactions: sharp
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I do carry a couple tourniquets, usually 2 soft T’s and a RATs - I know the RATs is still a little controversial but they can be used on a youth where a soft T can not. I don’t know how to use a decompression needle - I have thought about still putting one in Incase there is someone there that does.
For an Epi pen - you have to have percriptions correct? ( speaking of allergies when did everyone become allergic to peanuts - I would have starved growing up if I did not have PB sandwiches)

Thanks for the feedback @Kilo427 !!

Yeah you have to have a prescription depending on Insirance you would be suprised how expensive those pens are

Reactions: Mudder and sharp
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
A bullet to bite on if we have to use the imr 4350 if your guts are hanging out and we need to pull a John Rambo.

Good point on the superglue stuff works quite well.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good point on the superglue stuff works quite well.
Also got a stapler. Basically a dog first aid kit for hunting. We've stapled up a few dogs.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lord I am suprised how many people are deathly allergic to wasp and bees and never carry them.
Amen to that right there. Or penicillin based antibiotics that I just developed an allergy to that nearly cost my life last month. I’m carrying an epi-pen.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey hey hey. How about a pint of jack Daniels for that, or other emergencies. :D:D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cleaned up, sanded, and painted the best FAT50 I had laying around to use as a first aid kit, waterproof and nothing should get crushed in it.

Working on gathering all the filler

321ff7b217d5401951cbd6b3e8ba7bf6

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good comments. Cold packs, flat razor blade, several TRIANGULAR bandages (tourniquet, splints/sling) lot of 4x4 guaze pads, bottle of irrigation fluid and syringe (eye wash/burns), gloves, scissors, tweezers, duct tape, closure strips, hemostats, hand sanitizer, and a womens sanitary pad (good dressing for bleeder/direct pressure. Still have a cervical collar from medic days, but can make something out of very large zip lock bags filled with dirt (like old sandbag neck stabilizer). A basic first aid course to keep in your head goes a long way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!