Trailer Door Height

J

jleonardo44

Apr 13, 2020
Tiny Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I just purchased a Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE and I will install tracks on it for the winter. I would like to purchase an enclosed trailer to keep it in while the tracks are on.

Does anyone know what door height is required to ensure it will fit in with tracks on?
Any recommendation on brand, size?

Last edited:
Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@rickoshea is gonna be one of the guys that can help you. Welcome to the club!

Reactions: jleonardo44
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Welcome to the site!

I have a 7x14 Stealth (Alcom) that has a 81” ceiling and ramp door. I also use it as my Ice fishing house.

My P1k5 plus ice fishing stuff fits with some room to spare. It wouldn’t be enough to bring a extra quad or other sxs. Could bring a bike, maybe two slightly angled.

75BC6D44 51F5 4F00 B577 9F2506C3518F

J

JTW

All depends on your Sxs.. some of us have taller rigs than others, after lifts, shocks, tires. Many things can add a little height. Mine is roughly 81-82” now. I had to go with something that had a true 7’ door height. Intech was the route I went 83.5” between the ramp and the top of the spring header. Sundowner was 82”. Remember, it’s not the door height but the clearance you need to look at as most ramp spring housings reduce the clearance.

R

rickoshea

camso utv 4s1 tracks will add approx. 5 inches to your height.if you add a hard roof it will add an additional 5/6 inches.overall height will increase by about 11 inches,these are approximate figures,width will increase by 15 inches,i can't remember the overall length increase but i'd conservatively add 3 feet. you can ratchet it down by the frame and compress the springs a few inches but it will increase the already wide stance.

Last edited:
T

toms1975

Sep 11, 2018
Saskatchewan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the site!

I have a 7x14 Stealth (Alcom) that has a 81” ceiling and ramp door. I also use it as my Ice fishing house.

My P1k5 plus ice fishing stuff fits with some room to spare. It wouldn’t be enough to bring a extra quad or other sxs. Could bring a bike, maybe two slightly angled.

View attachment 196896
your side by side fits in there no problem? Door height 79"?

Reactions: Smitty335
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
your side by side fits in there no problem? Door height 79"?
Yeah it fits just fine with 79” ramp door on stock tires and suspension and oem roof. Interior height was 81” if I remember right. Remember that the SXS breaks over that door measurement so it won’t see the full height of the machine.

I sold the trailer last spring but when you park it in a 7’ wide trailer, you’ll likely have to park the rig all the way to the passenger side, and step out with you left leg first facing the SXS to get out. If you tilt the steering wheel all the way forward it’s easy to do in the cab, even if your a big guy.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
T

toms1975

Sep 11, 2018
Saskatchewan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it fits just fine with 79” ramp door on stock tires and suspension and oem roof. Interior height was 81” if I remember right. Remember that the SXS breaks over that door measurement so it won’t see the full height of the machine.

I sold the trailer last spring but when you park it in a 7’ wide trailer, you’ll likely have to park the rig all the way to the passenger side, and step out with you left leg first facing the SXS to get out. If you tilt the steering wheel all the way forward it’s easy to do in the cab, even if your a big guy.
thanks, mine is 7 1/2 feet wide so will be a little more room to get out.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!