Pioneer 1000-5 Doors/Windows/Snorkel

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
467AED32 FE14 43E0 B5DF 4C2A2DD46EA8

New to the HondaSXS world. Just purchased a 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Trail Edition. Had the ArmourTech cab, front and rear windows, and doors factory installed. Also waiting on rear top and extra battery to come in. I had an issue with the i4wd warning light within the first 5 hours of use. I called the dealer and they had no suggestions other than bring it in. I did find some posts stating that the voltage system was very picky and could be that the addition of the speaker system causes enough voltage drop to cause the light to come on. Anyway, after about 20 hours of use it has went away and seems fine now.

My next addition will be a snorkel but I’m not sure how to install it with an ArmourTech cab. I have seen one installation where the snorkel is installed out of the front hood.

I love the doors but the side windows only open a fraction of the way. I wish the entire window could come out without taking the whole frame out. Does anyone have any cool mods for the ArmourTech doors and windows?

Thanks again and proud to be back in a Honda!!
Randy

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 343035

New to the HondaSXS world. Just purchased a 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Trail Edition. Had the ArmourTech cab, front and rear windows, and doors factory installed. Also waiting on rear top and extra battery to come in. I had an issue with the i4wd warning light within the first 5 hours of use. I called the dealer and they had no suggestions other than bring it in. I did find some posts stating that the voltage system was very picky and could be that the addition of the speaker system causes enough voltage drop to cause the light to come on. Anyway, after about 20 hours of use it has went away and seems fine now.

My next addition will be a snorkel but I’m not sure how to install it with an ArmourTech cab. I have seen one installation where the snorkel is installed out of the front hood.

I love the doors but the side windows only open a fraction of the way. I wish the entire window could come out without taking the whole frame out. Does anyone have any cool mods for the ArmourTech doors and windows?

Thanks again and proud to be back in a Honda!!
Randy
Welcome from NW Arkansas!

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Central Montana! I have a ‘22 1000P5 Trail on order. That‘s not the stock front bumper, you have added on the upper section, can you add the manufacture or link for the added section. Thanks.

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Central Montana! I have a ‘22 1000P5 Trail on order. That‘s not the stock front bumper, you have added on the upper section, can you add the manufacture or link for the added section. Thanks.
I’ll see if I can find the parts list tonight. I ordered it all directly from the dealer and had them install it before I picked it up. I do have the list somewhere though.

H

HondaTech

Its not added, thats the oem bumper for the Forest model, also available as an accessory for all 2022 100 models

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ARDilbert and HondaTech thanks for the reply! The Trail version has the smaller bumper that does not cover up around the headlights. I have looked at the Honda accessories online but have never seen this added option.
Thanks again, I’ll do some more research.

Reactions: Smitty335
ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice rig but man it's gonna be hot in there.
Yes indeed. 100's here in AR but with the doors off, front window down, and back glass open it's really not that bad (as long as you are moving). I'm not trail riding with a bunch of people so it's not too dusty. I have put the heat shield under the seat and have started sealing up some of the dust holes to keep heat and dust to a minimum. I wish ArmorTech offered an option with roll down windows and a split front window. If I could somehow get the Honda options in the ArmorTech style that would be perfect. Also wish that it had air like the CanAm Defender but I like the Honda's build, reputation, mechanical features, and ride way more than air. :)

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I checked my invoice but it does not list the part numbers for front or rear bumper, only that they were added and installed at the dealer.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the foil wrapped bubble wrap from Home Depot. Run it up the seat back under Hondas rubber mat and then under the rubber mat below the seat bottom. One roll of this stuff will do several machines for well under $100 then add a 7” spal fan and you’re set.

Reactions: ARDilbert

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!