P1000 Trans/clutch issue??

T

Tyoders

Aug 16, 2020
Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 bike just shut off. Went to start right back up and it started fine but wouldn’t move it would shift Into every gear but not move. Let sit for a few minutes and it started up and I drove away for about 10 mins and shut down it did this same thing several times. Code it was throwing when I got it to the house and got it to do it again. Any help much appreciated. Code is either 56 or 66 I believe

Reactions: TripleB
H

HondaTech

If the code is indeed 66 then the issue lies in the rear vehicle speed sensor. There is no code 55.

But your symptoms point to something else, most likely a trans/clutch issue. Has the machine ever had the clutch replaced or the update done?

T

Tyoders

Aug 16, 2020
Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I called when the recall was sent out and they told me that it had been done but I have my doubts seeing how my buddy bought the same bike a week later then me and he had the update done. I will find out Tom when they are able to run my VIN/SN.

Reactions: CID
H

HondaTech

I called when the recall was sent out and they told me that it had been done but I have my doubts seeing how my buddy bought the same bike a week later then me and he had the update done. I will find out Tom when they are able to run my VIN/SN.

Shoot me the VIN I can run it

The clutch cover wasn't actually a recall, its offered as update.

If you take the oil fill cover off under the bed there will be a "nub" in the clutch cover that can identify if the cover has been updated.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
T

Tyoders

Aug 16, 2020
Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Shoot me the VIN I can run it

The clutch cover wasn't actually a recall, its offered as update.

If you take the oil fill cover off under the bed there will be a "nub" in the clutch cover that can identify if the cover has been updated.
Ok when I get back to the garage I’ll send it over thanks

T

Tyoders

Aug 16, 2020
Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would the angle speed sensor possibly be faulted? Honda can’t get my bike in for two weeks thought about trying to replace the sensor?