P1000 Flashing codes

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anyone help with a code my 2021 pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe has thrown twice in two weeks? No check engine light, just gear box flashes after shutting down while driving…first time a dash flashed 2 long, 7 short…second time an “E” flashed 2 long, 7 short…help!

Reactions: Smitty335
J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will do tonight. Thanks! Do you have a copy of the codes? And also…after the unit sputtered and shut down yesterday, I turned the key on to let the pump prime like always and it would just click at a quick pace….I’ve have what I consider hard starts ever since purchasing it. No matter hot or cold, it always seems to have to hit 3 or 4 times before firing…

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have a copy of the codes?
Become a life/suporting memberbof the forum and you will have access to that and everything under the sun at your fingertips in the resources section of the forum.
I’ve have what I consider hard starts ever since purchasing it. No matter hot or cold, it always seems to have to hit 3 or 4 times before firing…
Check the injector wires. Very common issue as well as take all the grounds off and clean the factory mating surfaces and reinstall them. Another common simple problem we see here alot.
Also use the search up top for your issue.

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Become a life/suporting memberbof the forum and you will have access to that and everything under the sun at your fingertips in the resources section of the forum.

Check the injector wires. Very common issue as well as take all the grounds off and clean the factory mating surfaces and reinstall them. Another common simple problem we see here alot.
Also use the search up top for your issue.
Thanks! Do they make an injector wiring replacement/repair kit?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! Do they make an injector wiring replacement/repair kit?
Yes! The club store sells them on here.

H

HondaTech

Will do tonight. Thanks! Do you have a copy of the codes? And also…after the unit sputtered and shut down yesterday, I turned the key on to let the pump prime like always and it would just click at a quick pace….I’ve have what I consider hard starts ever since purchasing it. No matter hot or cold, it always seems to have to hit 3 or 4 times before firing…

The clicking sounds like a bad connection somewhere or weak battery.

See if the sounds aren't coming from the rear of the engine, it may just be the shift motor trying to find neutral

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The clicking sounds like a bad connection somewhere or weak battery.

See if the sounds aren't coming from the rear of the engine, it may just be the shift motor trying to find neutral
That’s the only time since I purchased it that’s it hasn’t hummed or sounded normal while it was priming…I’ll check tho I’m always open to suggestions! Thanks!

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gonna work on everything today and see how it goes. Can anyone give advice on the simplest/best way to access the ground connections and clean them? I know mechanics have tid-bit secrets to make stuff easier so I thought I’d ask. Thanks in advance.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Gonna work on everything today and see how it goes. Can anyone give advice on the simplest/best way to access the ground connections and clean them? I know mechanics have tid-bit secrets to make stuff easier so I thought I’d ask. Thanks in advance.
The Honda Engineers should be flogged for their choice of location of the main chassis ground located under the drivers seat. Its just down right difficult to access without dislocating your spleen.

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can someone tell me what this red connector is for? First thing I noticed when I pulled the seat off. It was disconnected…

IMG 2533

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats the DTC port for code reading and should be plugged into the dummy connector merely to keep it clean

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty crappy weather yesterday but I did take it out for a short spin and everything seemed to work better…better shifting, better starts, better idling. Again, very small sample size. I check all grounds except the frame ground. It looks damn near impossible to get to. I had the key turned on and wiggled the wires as much as possible to look for anything but I didn’t see anything. I also tried my best to find the shift drum and follow the wires. I didn’t see any unhooked connectors anywhere throughout the whole unit. I did check the factory fuel injector connectors while replacing them and they seemed fine…no wires pulled out easily or anything. Does that automatically mean they weren’t the issue? I’ve seen videos where the red wire usually pulls or falls out…thanks again boys and girls. I’ll become a lifetime this week and come back with more issues if they arise.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!