WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Asking this for a guy I know. He has a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5. He had the clutch stuff fixed under the recall or whatever a while back. He says it was never right since then. His issue now is that it shifts really hard in auto. Also when the machine comes to a stop he says it's like the clutch is still engaged and the motor bogs down and shuts off. I'm thinking he should do the clutch initialization. What do y'all think?

H

HondaTech

Asking this for a guy I know. He has a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5. He had the clutch stuff fixed under the recall or whatever a while back. He says it was never right since then. His issue now is that it shifts really hard in auto. Also when the machine comes to a stop he says it's like the clutch is still engaged and the motor bogs down and shuts off. I'm thinking he should do the clutch initialization. What do y'all think?

Sounds like someone didnt correctly preform the update or the clutch was bad then and never replaced.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would be the logical first step. Might also pull and clean the shift motor.

Disclaimer, mine is so new I've never done any of this stuff. But others here have.
O yea I forgot about the shift motor issues

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like someone didnt correctly preform the update or the clutch was bad then and never replaced.
He says it ran fine until they did the update. The dealer he bought it from didn't want to do the update. They told him if it was running fine then don't worry about it. He had to take it to another dealer to get that done.

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

He says it ran fine until they did the update. The dealer he bought it from didn't want to do the update. They told him if it was running fine then don't worry about it. He had to take it to another dealer to get that done.
That attitude pisses me off, Honda paid us to perform the update, who cares if the unit isn't acting up.

The current fuel pump update is the same way. We do everyone thay comes through the door, its free money.