NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, you are right, the trick in marketing, Rhino USA Products. made in China is on the bottom of the box. I should have researched tie downs on this site.
Sorry to be the bearer of the news.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dunno...I have a Pioneer 700-2. Just sold a bought new in 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 twin that served me really well on the farm for 18 years and a 99 RMK that turned in like service also sold to get the Pioneer. Great sled and 4 wheeler as far as the ones I owned.

Pioneer is still on my lift getting stuff installed and built...wired my winch and back up light switch this morning and have the dual battery kit to put in today unless I get a better offer.
Glad you asked.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dunno...I have a Pioneer 700-2. Just sold a bought new in 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 twin that served me really well on the farm for 18 years and a 99 RMK that turned in like service also sold to get the Pioneer. Great sled and 4 wheeler as far as the ones I owned.

Pioneer is still on my lift getting stuff installed and built...wired my winch and back up light switch this morning and have the dual battery kit to put in today unless I get a better offer.
Glad you asked.
Yeah I can’t claim to buy American either.

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah I can’t claim to buy American either.
I looked for three weeks for an American made ATV rim, the only rim I found was this funky rim one size fits all made in the USA. I bought Race Line rims made somewhere else, but did stumble across ITP American made tires, on my second set now. Haven't had a flat on either set.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is at least rationalization but Honda does have US production...can't find that with "made in China" products. And, when is the last time you heard of a Japanese spy having a "close social relationship" with a US congressman.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is at least rationalization but Honda does have US production...can't find that with "made in China" products.
If we’re being honest there are probably quite a few parts on a Polaris that aren’t made in the US as well.

Almost a guarantee the devices we are typing these posts on aren’t US made either.

Certainly nothing wrong with buying American but it isn’t something even the most diehard believer in it is actually doing in the modern world.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
If we’re being honest there are probably quite a few parts on a Polaris that aren’t made in the US as well.

Almost a guarantee the devices we are typing these posts on aren’t US made either.

Certainly nothing wrong with buying American but it isn’t something even the most diehard believer in it is actually doing in the modern world.
Nor is it even possible!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You're correct, it is very difficult to find something that is entirely made in the USA anymore.

I have watched China destroy bits and pieces of the US for years now and it pisses me off that we're (the country) not doing more to put a stop to it. Just trying to do my little part.

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of great info on this thread - I love this forum! Here is a video I did recently on setting up a trailer for UTV and accessories. As some people have said, the Erickson chock tie down system is nice but not as versatile as the E-Track system, but it is excellent if you are primarily hauling one machine.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lots of great info on this thread - I love this forum! Here is a video I did recently on setting up a trailer for UTV and accessories. As some people have said, the Erickson chock tie down system is nice but not as versatile as the E-Track system, but it is excellent if you are primarily hauling one machine.

I started the video and got tied up. Will have to come back to it and this is my reminder 🤣

Reactions: RobSparre
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First,
It’s under the steering column
I don't think so. The P1000 does not have a parking break to my knowledge, and I own one.

Just as a comment: My P1000 does not have any tendency to move at all on my trailer with the transmission in lock mode. Some, if not most, straps tend to stretch (cheaper straps stretch more). I would highly recommend that the straps be checked after trailing for 5 or 10 miles. Of course, tighten if required, and repeat this check until they remain taught. This is one of the most important safety practices in my mind. If you don't have snaps to keep your S hooks from falling off, then that is another risk.

Good straps are not cheap, but they don't stretch nearly as much. Get the snap locks on the S hooks for sure. Info is available on-line regarding the quality of straps. I went through 3 sets of straps before I figured out that I should buy high quality straps. LOL

Reactions: RobSparre
papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I thought about getting this system, but then I would have to lock it back down after playing in the mud. So I'll stick with my tie-downs.

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500

yes, remember the first oil change on my sportsman. the original oil filter said subaru!

• Wow
Reactions: papermaker and CID
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
What size trailer do any of you recommend for comfortably handling a P700-4

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!