GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I pondered trading my 21 Trailboss several months ago but realized it was a real bad idea. I wanted the new refreshed interior but found that: prices had gone up substantially, features that I currently have weren’t available due to the chip shortage, and when it came right down to it there’s nothing wrong with the one I have. I even had a dealership make me a no sight $57k offer on it. Problem was the one I wanted was almost $70k. Just not worth it to me for something I don’t have to drive every day. Next month will be 2 years of ownership and I’ve got about 12k on it.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
👆Exactly. Like JG Wentrorth says: “It’s your money use it when you need it”. Get what’s available now and you will be happier and ahead of the game.

With vehicle prices going up 10-15% a year your options get limited real fast after you retire. Reality is starting to hit as I look ahead. It's both a good and bad time to retire. I sense lots of layoffs coming.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Ford is likely getting ready to idle both DTP and KCAP (where they build the F150s) for *several* weeks. We experienced severe reductions in releases for both of those plants this past week as well. Seems they are ramping up Super Duty production in KY, though.

My nephew's late model F150 was totaled recently. He was able to find (rather quickly) a new, middle of the road Chevy Silverado crew cab without much trouble, so there ARE trucks out there.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even so, it will be even less reason to carry capital on the books, when they can make the same profit when the vehicle is sitting in parts on the big OEMs books.

it might even get to the point that the OEMs simply go order build on all vehicles, and push the inventory capital onto the parts suppliers…
I know everyone is thinking that but the dealers lose the potential sale when someone pulls on the lot. If what you think actually happens we will all be buying from mega dealers and you will see the dealership industry gutted and those $80k trucks will be a bargain in comparison.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I overcame white by adding a decale or two and nice rims.

IMG 20210809 152155 hdr2 1018191000 IMG 20210809 152218 hdr

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i sold all my new stuff back last fall. i bought a few sh*t boxes to get by... or so i told myself. now i have a 03 tahoe, 2x 02 suburbans , 99 escalade and 88 chevy half ton. all paid for with half the money i made selling my new stuff back! i miss my new truck every year and the wife isnt terribly thrilled not getting a new outback every year but the bank acc looks mighty fine going into a recession. oh and zero debt to boot!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I see disaster coming, chip or no chip. When things catch up, people will be broke. Used vehicles will go down in price and the dealers will take a hit on the ones on the lot and consumers with loans will be upside down. They wont be able to trade for a new truck because their used truck won't be worth crap. The manufactures will be loaded with inventory and have to shut down plants. It's not going to be good. Twenty years ago I read an article about how our fighter jets required chips and screens made in china. How in the world did this happen. Greed and blindness. It doesn't matter which party, they both are neck deep in the destorying of our countries security and manufacturing base. If we went to war with China this country would be shut down. If wouldn't be like the past where we ramped up manufacturing and produced the war machine. You can't shut down power plants and fire them up in a day, you can't build a chip factory over night, you can't elect a politician with common sense and you can't make pu??y woke kids fight on the front lines. We're screwed.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lets Go Brandon! FJB!!
As Bighat said : “How in the world did this happen. Greed and blindness. It doesn't matter which party, they both are neck deep in the destorying of our countries security and manufacturing base.”
We’ve had two s*** presidents in a row now ! Maybe the next generation will turn out a proper president.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
As Bighat said : “How in the world did this happen. Greed and blindness. It doesn't matter which party, they both are neck deep in the destorying of our countries security and manufacturing base.”
We’ve had two s*** presidents in a row now ! Maybe the next generation will turn out a proper president.
Can't say we've had a good/honest president since the founding fathers.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can't say we've had a good/honest president since the founding fathers
It appears that the “sex between two bushes” president had the highest post term approval rating of 66.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Only Nixon had a lower post term rating than trump

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Haha says someone who wont admit he voted for Brandon?

Good luck with the next gen!
90% been indoctrinated by the left
and think changing your gender is a cool and normal thing! Yup, there gonna turn out an Awesome Pez! 😂

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haha says someone who wont admit he voted for Brandon?

Good luck with the next gen!
90% been indoctrinated by the left
and think changing your gender is a cool and normal thing! Yup, there gonna turn out an Awesome Pez! 😂
LOL. Wether You or I voted for Biden doesn’t matter. The fact is that after trump won he quickly proved he’s Not As Advertised and certainly not up to the task. That’s why he got voted out. He’s a RINO in case you didn’t know....

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
LOL. Wether You or I voted for Biden doesn’t matter. The fact is that after trump won he quickly proved he’s Not As Advertised and certainly not up to the task. That’s why he got voted out. He’s a RINO in case you didn’t know....
Yeah, you keep believing how bad President Trump was and how good brandon is doing. FJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!