Trying to buy a truck

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well buying a truck is like trying to buy fox shocks almost impossible.If you want a 4 banger with a crew cab you are good to go_Or if you want to spend 65,000 to a 100,000 grand your good also.But if you want a standard truck with a v8 and not a white one good luck.Ordered one 60 days ago and know nothing but Chevy accepted the order.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
As bad as inflation is, the stock market pooping the bed and the housing market getting ready to do the same thing, wait til spring and buy a clean, one owner for pennies on the dollah. Bad times are about to get worse, I fear. :(

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good luck with the search. You might have to do what other people have done to find pioneers. Call multiple dealers daily and be willing to drive to go get it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well buying a truck is like trying to buy fox shocks almost impossible.If you want a 4 banger with a crew cab you are good to go_Or if you want to spend 65,000 to a 100,000 grand your good also.But if you want a standard truck with a v8 and not a white one good luck.Ordered one 60 days ago and know nothing but Chevy accepted the order.
Ya it’s just the way it is now unfortunately.parts are even worse. Know a couple guys that are waiting over a year for sxs’s.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ordered one 60 days ago
🤣 You have nothing on 99% of the population that has orderd a truck since the Chinese Murder Virus scamdemic started!

There waiting on Chips, Foreign country's mostly the ChiCom’s

Where I live near the Big 3 and close to the ginormous Lot with thousands of GM trucks just waiting for chips the last 2-1/2 years. Till they get them, your gonna be waiting a long time. But like said above, start calling and be willing to travel.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had placed an order on a F350 Tremor 11/30 of last year. 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Ford apologizing for the continued delay. Fortunately I had already bought back my old 2016 F350 this May after going all winter with only my Ford Ranger.

Decided that a paid off used low mile truck was better than waiting an eternity and still paying 20% over the real adjusted value.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had placed an order on a F350 Tremor 11/30 of last year. 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Ford apologizing for the continued delay. Fortunately I had already bought back my old 2016 F350 this May after going all winter with only my Ford Ranger.

Decided that a paid off used low mile truck was better than waiting an eternity and still paying 20% over the real adjusted value.
Let's play this scenario out. When the supply chain is fixed (CHINA CHIPS) and there is a gut of automobiles will the prices come down or will there will be so many buyers that keep the prices inflated? I'm going to wait this out and when it gets back to normal, I'll be the A hole you don't want to see coming through your dealerships doors!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let's play this scenario out. When the supply chain is fixed (CHINA CHIPS) and there is a gut of automobiles will the prices come down or will there will be so many buyers that keep the prices inflated? I'm going to wait this out and when it gets back to normal, I'll be the A hole you don't want to see coming through your dealerships doors!
Truthfully…..I don’t see dealerships going back to having big inventories ever again. They haven’t had to haggle on vehicles (at least HD trucks) for atleast 2 years now. No incentive for them to go back to that.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Truthfully…..I don’t see dealerships going back to having big inventories ever again. They haven’t had to haggle on vehicles (at least HD trucks) for atleast 2 years now. No incentive for them to go back to that.
The likely recession in the future will probably cure that.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't forget about all that money you paid for your truck that requires 6, 7, and maybe an 8 year note to be able to afford it only to find out as you approach 2030 and the EV market has skyrocketed leaving your gas guzzler worthless. If the government has their way you will own a nice lawn ornament that is illegal to be on the roadway while you are still making payments. I hear so many people say that won't happen but unless the leftist are removed from office I guarantee it will. Most small town folks in their own states don't even realize what their large city counterparts are doing. Those large cities run your states.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Toyota and ram don't seem to have near the problems that I've seen others have with the chip deal, if that's what it really is. Skeptical at this point. But anyways with the current prices and interest rates sounds like buying has mostly dried up and salesman ar sitting in dealers watching movies at this point.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The likely recession in the future will probably cure that.
Even so, it will be even less reason to carry capital on the books, when they can make the same profit when the vehicle is sitting in parts on the big OEMs books.

it might even get to the point that the OEMs simply go order build on all vehicles, and push the inventory capital onto the parts suppliers…

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Toyota and ram don't seem to have near the problems that I've seen others have with the chip deal, if that's what it really is. Skeptical at this point. But anyways with the current prices and interest rates sounds like buying has mostly dried up and salesman ar sitting in dealers watching movies at this point.
From what my Friend at the Chrysler proving grounds told me, the Ram HD trucks are in the same boat as the others. They focus more on the 1/2 tons as there bread and butter with the situation at hand. Said they backed off on production and storage of HD trucks in the early beginning. But They have a huge lot in Commerce twp with a sh!t ton of trucks waiting for stuff. Since they slowed there production, that lot has been dwindling.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For two months this has been almost a full time job.The problem is bad information dealers post a truck they dont even have.They ordered and did not get.Then they post the price MSRP fine then they add 5,000to 10,000 to the price which they dont say till you walk in the door.Paint protection-window etching stupid chit like that.Car sales men were all born and raised in Washington.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot....retiring next March and have a 2016 F150 with 49,000 miles. Problem is I should have 10+ years of need for a good condition truck for hauling my P500 and hunting trips. Don't want to get 8 years into retirement and find I need to replace my 2016. While I could probably get by with it I'd be cutting it close. I decided to get a new 2023 F150 now while the trade in was good and I could afford it. 8-10 years from now I won't have those options :(. If times were remotely normal I'd drive the 2016 and not worry about it.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If i was you i would buy before you retire seems your money dries up after retirement.Seems like the only thing you need your wallet for is dust and lent.Dont put a deposit on a new order then your hands are tied.Start looking now with the feds raising interest rates the market is going to adjust.Pay cash

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If i was you i would buy before you retire seems your money dries up after retirement.Seems like the only thing you need your wallet for is dust and lent.Dont put a deposit on a new order then your hands are tied.Start looking now with the feds raising interest rates the market is going to adjust.Pay cash
👆Exactly. Like JG Wentrorth says: “It’s your money use it when you need it”. Get what’s available now and you will be happier and ahead of the game.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!