P1000m5 TSC Traveller 13.25” light bar

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went to Tractor Supply the other day. While I was there, I decided to buy their 13.25” light bar (for the front bull bar on my 1000-5) for $125. I got home and decided to google to see if anyone else sold it for a lower price. The 1st one that popped up was a light called MaxLoad. I researched it and it had all the same specs (exactly), same dimensions and looked the same in the pictures but it was from Walmart and only cost $32ish. I decided to take a chance and order it.
It came today and looks and weighs exactly the same with the same hardware. Only difference is the traveller has the word “traveller” molded into a side plate.
My thing is how in the heck can Walmart sell the same light for $32 and TSC sell it for $125?
Needless to say, I’m taking back the traveller tomorrow for about a $93 bonus!!
Woot! 9937daa12ecb738b8e9a5e56f8a23277

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a difference in light bars but it’s in the seals, LEDs, reflectors, and internal electronics.

For a Pioneer there’s no point in spending the extra money.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Have you actually lit them up yet?

Stick them both to a battery and shine across the yard...

Reactions: ohanacreek
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you actually lit them up yet?

Stick them both to a battery and shine across the yard...

Sounds good. I’ll try that.

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a difference in light bars but it’s in the seals, LEDs, reflectors, and internal electronics.

For a Pioneer there’s no point in spending the extra money.

I was wondering if they weren’t made by the same manufacturer and branded differently.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Chinese knock offs are electrically noisy, poorly sealed, poorly centered in the reflector, they use wide angle reflectors.

But they are $40 for a 40” vs $1600 for a 40”, for in the woods the $40 is fine. For interstate or desert I’d spend the $1600

J

JTW

I was wondering if they weren’t made by the same manufacturer and branded differently.

Very possible.. I’m sure there are high dollar lightsbthat are the same as off brands but we just don’t know what is what.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!