P700 Tusk megabites

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
So about a month ago I installed some 28x10x14 megabites on the SXS. This is my impression of them. I am comparing them to the stock OEM and 2 different sets of bighorn 2. 27x12 and 29x14. In soft terrain and such they are on par with BH2 . On pavement they are better. I believe they track better offroad. Could be profile. Now I got to give them a try at the takeover this last week and I really liked them. went pretty much everywhere. Except 26 and 9. Climbed some pretty steep hills both mud and rocks and never a traction problem . Very surprised how well they did in mud. Only once had to use 4wheel drive and that was to get over a Hugh rock in the way. Also realized even with all the people hating on the 700 it is actually a very capable machine along with the little brother 500. So anyone on the fence and thinking about these tires I dont think you could go wrong, I actually came home with the set from the raffle at the TO

20220511 181009

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
So about a month ago I installed some 28x10x14 megabites on the SXS. This is my impression of them. I am comparing them to the stock OEM and 2 different sets of bighorn 2. 27x12 and 29x14. In soft terrain and such they are on par with BH2 . On pavement they are better. I believe they track better offroad. Could be profile. No I got to give them a try at the takeover this last week and I really liked them. went pretty much everywhere. Except 26 and 9. Climbed some pretty steep hills both mud and rocks and never a traction problem . Very surprised how well they did in mud. Only once had to use 4wheel drive and that was to get over a Hugh rock in the way. Also realized even with all the people hating on the 700 it is actually a very capable machine along with the little brother 500. So anyone on the fence and thinking about these tires I dont think you could go wrong, I actually came home with the set from the raffle at the TO

View attachment 339035
With bigger tires and the extra clearance they provide the 700 is very capable and will go where everything else does.

N

Nvrgiveup

Thanks for this informative, real-world review. I’ve narrowed my choices down to the megabite and the trail saw. I’m currently search for reviews on the pavement performance of the Trail Saws

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I put on Terrabytes....and there is NO question, they are smoother on pavement and hard pressed roads. Have not gotten deep in mud but they seem to do fine....will see how they do in Snow later. No comparison to the improvement over OEM.Tires2

Last edited:
katphishbob

katphishbob

Jul 17, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I put on Terrabytes....and there is NO question, they are smoother on pavement and hard pressed roads. Have not gotten deep in mud but they seem to do fine....will see how they do in Snow later. No comparison to the improvement over OEM.View attachment 341451

Hi! Those tires look like a really good do-all design for the 700. Can you please tell me the sizes you bought for rear and front? I assume those are the OEM wheels- with your setup do the tires rub under full turn and/or loading? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t have a 700 anymore but I ran 27x10x12 on all 4 with 5+2 offsets. You couldn’t make them rub if you had to. Wished I would have went 28’s.

6A299208 FC40 4EC7 83B2 E9395EE0F6D4

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi! Those tires look like a really good do-all design for the 700. Can you please tell me the sizes you bought for rear and front? I assume those are the OEM wheels- with your setup do the tires rub under full turn and/or loading? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think 11" wide on the back, 9" wide on the front. Stayed w/ stock rims.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!