100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently I had ordered the Tusk Horn, Turn Signals and Side Mirror Kit from RMATV.
Tusk UTV Horn & Signal Kit - With Mirrors | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Today when I went to attach the mirrors I had no problem with the mount as it fits nicely around the roll cage tube. The problem is that there isn't enough pivot on the mounting bolt behind the mirror to give the correct angle. So when it's mounted, it just points at the ground and barely angles upward. So when you type in the make of your vehicle and this kit is listed, the tube mount fits but not the mirror placement. I think these mirrors are better suited to a razor because of how you sit in them vs the P5 bench seat. I wish they would test their products to make sure things really work. I had to order a different set. This makes three items I have ordered from rmatv that were less than quality, damaged in some way or incorrect. Nice folks and they're giving me a discount on a different set of more expensive mirrors, but I'm tired of buying stuff from them when nothing is as it should be. Slightly disgruntled.

Reactions: Mudder
WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently I had ordered the Tusk Horn, Turn Signals and Side Mirror Kit from RMATV.
Today when I went to attach the mirrors I had no problem with the mount as it fits nicely around the roll cage tube. The problem is that there isn't enough pivot on the mounting bolt behind the mirror to give the correct angle. So when it's mounted, it just points at the ground and barely angles upward. So when you type in the make of your vehicle and this kit is listed, the tube mount fits but not the mirror placement. I think these mirrors are better suited to a razor because of how you sit in them vs the P5 bench seat. I wish they would test their products to make sure things really work. I had to order a different set. This makes three items I have ordered from rmatv that were less than quality, damaged in some way or incorrect. Nice folks and they're giving me a discount on a different set of more expensive mirrors, but I'm tired of buying stuff from them when nothing is as it should be. Slightly disgruntled.
Sorry to hear about your luck, I've always had great transactions from them. I've been a customer since the day they started and have never had a problem. Maybe they just had a bad run

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I feel better now; Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Where exactly did you mount them? Sounds like you may have mounted them on the angled bar and not the short vertical?
Ironside rear

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Are those the ones that look the same as the kolpin mirrors? I know i had to do some adjusting of a very tiny nut to change the angle on mine. Think it was accessed from the bottom of the mirror, right where the spring is too. Kinda a pita to adjust.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I placed my order with RMATV for the replacement mirrors, I had also ordered the Tusk UTV LED Cab Light. Well, today I received the cab light but no mirrors even though they're on the invoice. I called yet again and after speaking with John he is sending them to me on Thursday. This makes 4 screw ups from them. All within a month to me. I'm over being angry and in fact it's teaching me some bit of patience, I just hope that any future business with them goes much smoother. I understand they deal with high volume orders, but.....

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are those the ones that look the same as the kolpin mirrors? I know i had to do some adjusting of a very tiny nut to change the angle on mine. Think it was accessed from the bottom of the mirror, right where the spring is too. Kinda a pita to adjust.
I'm hoping that since these new mirrors have a much smaller profile mount that they will work on the vertical bar/tube down in front and will hopefully allow the windshield to close. If not it'll have to be higher up on the cage. I am hoping I won't have to do any PITA adjustments to get it to work.

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
E0B70F9BC7957858442A11CC16F06997app1 1494282605125 L1800
E0B70F9BC7957858442A11CC16F06997app1 1494282549397 L1800
I'm hoping that since these new mirrors have a much smaller profile mount that they will work on the vertical bar/tube down in front and will hopefully allow the windshield to close. If not it'll have to be higher up on the cage. I am hoping I won't have to do any PITA adjustments to get it to work.
Customer gallery. .shows um..on
...a PoPo..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Honda p5 rule...
if ya seen it...on
...a PoPo...Don't
Buy it...,hehehehe

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I was dead set on getting anything but the Kolpin's. The guys on here talked me into them and I'm glad they did. I figured I would take them off after plow season but find myself using them more than the rear view now. And you get two! ;)

Reactions: 100Acre and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Dude...just F--kin with ya..
Just make sure you use.
...all the rubber wrap...they
give ya...so there tight...
..I looked ..it seems like there's
About 4 or...5 side mirrors..that
almost look the same..just slight
differences. ...good luck..post a pic

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
John at RMATV shined through is sending me the new mirrors fully refunded-free! I will continue to do business with them in the future. Outstanding support!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!