DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
What did you get?
I own a couple of ACCUTIRE digital gauges.(I lost the first one in the clutter of my tool box for a few years) One has a range of 0 to 99 psi and the other goes to 150. They were around $12 and appear to to be accurate, at least they both read the same. I got them because they were highly rated by Consumers Reports.
https://www.accutiregauge.com/digit...ccutire-ms-4021b-standard-digital-tire-gauge/
Cheap ass slime gauge from AutoZone.

Remember when Honda gave you a free gauge for spending thousands on a new machine? Don't understand why that went away...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree that its the alignment. I had the same issue when mine was new. In a curve it would lean inward and then violently go outward. Scared my wife. I thought that is just the way they handled until one of my front tires was nearly worn out at 200 miles. I carried it to a local alignment shop and had it checked. Toe-in on one side was out by 1 inch and the other side was out by 2 inches. Handles great now. My dealer says this is not covered by warranty. I could see this causing an accident and a potential law suit. Can’t believe Honda ships them that way.
Yep!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Cheap ass slime gauge from AutoZone.

Remember when Honda gave you a free gauge for spending thousands on a new machine? Don't understand why that went away...

A) Why did you pay a premium for a quality machine and then get a slime gauge?o_O

B) Your forgetting how cheap the tool kit tire pressure stick was, first time you pull it out of the tool kit on the trail there is mud caked around the stick and your wondering if the reading has any meaning at all.

C) The p1k guys spent a good bit more and didn't get a gauge either.:eek:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A) Why did you pay a premium for a quality machine and then get a slime gauge?

B) Your forgetting how cheap the tool kit tire pressure stick was, first time you pull it out of the tool kit on the trail there is mud caked around the stick and your wondering if the reading has any meaning at all.

C) The p1k guys spent a good bit more and didn't get a gauge either.
And your point, HA?

Reactions: Mudwing
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A) Why did you pay a premium for a quality machine and then get a slime gauge?o_O

C) The p1k guys spent a good bit more and didn't get a gauge either.:eek:
a) Doesn't matter to me if its super accurate, as long as its consistent. Having them all the same to me is more important that "X" amount of air...at least for these.

b) Don't care how cheap it is as long as it works (see "a"). Mine were never caked in mud because i took them out of the tool pouch and put them someplace safe because i figured they would get caked in mud if left in the tool pouch.:D

c) Then they should be even more upset...but i figure 1000 owners just let the man-servant deal with it anyway.

You seem a little agitated @lee? Methinks you could use a vacation. Maybe a dry desert climate...

Reactions: lee and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!