Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sure. Get your grinder out and go at it. I remember seeing a few removed. People also paded them with foam.

That sucker is huge.

But remember, it's there for your safety. FYI!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
definitely something that i dont like about the newer ones. the old ones were smaller and less intrusive

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

P

Perchdoctor

Jun 11, 2019
Rapid City, South Dakota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks my thought's exactly I'm a big guy and will be using the pioneer for hunting and ice fishing and will be off and on several times a day. I've insured the unit but was wondering if removing ( the safety bar) it would void the insurance aspect of a claim

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks my thought's exactly I'm a big guy and will be using the pioneer for hunting and ice fishing and will be off and on several times a day. I've insured the unit but was wondering if removing ( the safety bar) it would void the insurance aspect of a claim
if im not mistaken that is on a bolt on part of the cage. if someone with older bike wanted to trade you that peice. youd have the less aggressive loop from an early model and full roll cage specs.

Screenshot 20190623 213806

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2016.
It is considerably smaller.
I complain about most safety devices but I honestly haven't even noticed these being there.

I say that to say... If you are uncomfortable removing them completely, just cut them down to the size of the 2016 and earlier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!