UHMV skid plate (Red Mountain Products)

80sforlife

Mar 30, 2015
Has anyone ever purchased a UHMV skid plate from Red Mountain Products? I found it online and never heard of them. Can anyone give me a review about this product and company. The price they have online is $479.99 which is a great price for a UHMV skid plate. Thanks.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
yes we know red mountain he is a vendor and a site moderator on here if you look on the board index you will find his vendor box i cant give you a product review but i guarantee you his products are top notch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome 80's. Glad to have you as part of the community!

I have a set currently of RMP skid plates. I just finished my first rough ride with them on. I hope to have a review up sometime in the next two weeks after I find time to get it all cleaned up and ready for pictures.

I was surprised how well they held up. Never ran a UHMW skid plate before. Didn't think it would hold up.. Well... because its "plastic"... But this weekend has really won me over with this type material - UHMW. I took it through some very rocky places and expected a chunk to be missing. But its not! Not even a deep line from where it pulled across! Maybe I can get you a pic tomorrow!

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
UHMW is pretty impressive stuff! I had one on my RZR4 and it took a beating on Hatfield and McCoy and there was nothing more than a few scratches on it. I put one on my P500 before I rode it on the trails (SSS plate as Red Mountain didn't have anything yet) because the protection it offers is worth it! Very impressive performance!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not had a chance to clean the bottom and post pics of mine after Windrock but will this coming weekend.

The pictures/instructions on the website need to be updated.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!