Talon under dash mud

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
for those who are looking for a way to block off the left side area under the hood, if you buy the same rubber piece (like less than $5) that goes on the right side and get about 6 push pins, you can flip new one end for end and it fits perfect. Looks like it should have been there???? if remember right there were about 4 push pins you have to take out and re install thru both pieces. 5 minute deal

Reactions: nm6r and GPR1500SC
nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I called my dealer telling him that piece was missing. He called Honda and they said, "No, it's suppose to be like that." He even sent me a pic of another Talon showing the open area.

I couldn't believe Honda would do this but sure enough it's open on the parts fiche so I ordered the rubber piece and four push pins when I ordered my oil filters and air filter. Yes, it fits perfect and looks like it belongs there.

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I ordered mine also and showed the dealer what it was all about,, Sometimes the Dealer needs to be educated on such things. What scares me is the shop has no experience working on the talon,,this could be interesting when warranty issues arise or any diagnosis is needed.

Reactions: nm6r

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!