Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready to do rear door and under seat storage mods to the P1K5 as soon as my corona infected parts from amazon arrive, my question is, I was going to put my recovery stuff in a canvas bag in that spot but am concerned about stuff moving around possibly hitting the fuse/relay boxes that are in there also. You guys that have done this do you bungee them down or just let it ride.
Have you had any issues because of stuff in there moving around? Is there anything you would do different? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Coming from off road motorcycles, anything in storage, allowed to move, will self destruct. :oops: I'm not familiar with your storage area but - 1. Fuses and relays are fragile, can you add a baffle/wall to keep that section safe? 2. I added a storage box to my Talon, the things in it will get padded with towels, sized to fit and cushion whatever ends up in it - similar to those foam balls in a kids play area.

Last edited:
R

rickoshea

i had my straps and cable on the floor,with a box with my shackles/chains and assorted heavy weighted stuff on top of the straps and never had any problems,although everything did get dusty/muddy.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know @joeymt33 and @Kilo427 have well Joey has ammo boxes that I think might be wedged to not move but kilo has a bag in there .... both can tell you if they move a lot. Kilo has done a loop d loop so he would know

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve been using ammo boxes and submerge the vehicle quite often and I’ve not had any trouble with the boxes leaking. That’s where I keep a lot of tools, tire plugs and everything else. I was able to pack some rags in my ammo cans to keep tools from rattling around and yes two boxes side-by-side will wedge in tight. There is only one specific way that it works like that though and sometimes it’s difficult to remember the order.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!