P500 Under seat storage question

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
can anyone tell me if the Honda under seat box has drain holes in the bottom or not? If not do you ever get any water in it? I'm going to make my own and I am trying to decide on drain holes, drain tube, or a lid.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I cant speak for the honda part, but i did build my own as well and recommend you put some holes in it. Mine is regularly getting wet inside, even on tame rides where there is splashing and or mud.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
It has drain holes. I've noticed some dried water spots. I wouldn't store any valuable documents in it... my recovery gear does fine there.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah recovery gear is what I keep in mine as well, works just fine for that. Anything easily damaged though would be destroyed pretty quick in there

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the replies. I think I will make it similar to the Honda box with drain holes but I'm tempted to put a lid on it with weather stripping. I would probably be better off with making a dry box up under the hood for anything that needs to stay dry. I probably will never know what I make until I finish lol. I'll keep you posted.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda box, no drain holes in it and it only get a little dust, I did put the rubber cover that comes with the P5 over the storage box.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!