P500 Under the driver seat storage?

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, I finally got time to revisit this. I reversed the concept. That allowed a longer pipe for more storage. If you have it available 8" would probably work. The test plug cap is much easier to open and close. The pipe is watertight and much easier to access. The last photo is for storing the legs to my shooting benches for prairie dogs. Still need to put some rubber spacers in and snug it up.

On another note I polished up my windshield with some scratch out from walmart. Not perfect, but much better. Started out with a 6" polisher from Harbor Freight. It lasted all of 2 minutes. Ended up buying a Porter Cable polisher. It'll also be handy for my car headlights.

IMG 4051IMG 4053IMG 4054IMG 4056

J

JTW

Ok, I finally got time to revisit this. I reversed the concept. That allowed a longer pipe for more storage. If you have it available 8" would probably work. The test plug cap is much easier to open and close. The pipe is watertight and much easier to access. The last photo is for storing the legs to my shooting benches for prairie dogs. Still need to put some rubber spacers in and snug it up.

On another note I polished up my windshield with some scratch out from walmart. Not perfect, but much better. Started out with a 6" polisher from Harbor Freight. It lasted all of 2 minutes. Ended up buying a Porter Cable polisher. It'll also be handy for my car headlights.

View attachment 21973View attachment 21974View attachment 21975View attachment 21976
Cool idea and execution!

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

I finally got around to getting some Plexus to try on the windshield since I had it polished up. Plexus smells and feels just like Pledge :confused:
Anyway, Plexus really made a difference. You still see the bigger scratches that didn't polish out, but otherwise the windshield is pretty good. The stuff is pricey, but does work well.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 21973View attachment 21974View attachment 21975View attachment 21976

Would be a nice way to mount a sub too. You think 8" would be the max to fit in that spot 45?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

this looks great @oldfortyfive . Did the pipe on the front hold up? It reminds me of the old truck bumpers people would make in the 70s and 80s. A piece of steel pipe with concrete in the ends.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
this looks great @oldfortyfive . Did the pipe on the front hold up? It reminds me of the old truck bumpers people would make in the 70s and 80s. A piece of steel pipe with concrete in the ends.
I'm using it to carry the pipe legs for my shooting benches when we go for pdogs. It also lowers the center of gravity. I was putting them in my box on the deck. It'll get fully tested in about 6 weeks

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Access from the front, good idea. If Honda had given this a panel in that location, and a full bottom tray inside, much more storage area. Wouldn't have to take the seat out either.

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!