P500 Under the driver seat storage?

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone taken advantage of all the empty space under the driver's seat? I made a box to drop down into the access hole under the seat. Now I'm thinking of making a bracket to hold a plastic ammobox under the seat next to the outer panel.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anyone taken advantage of all the empty space under the driver's seat? I made a box to drop down into the access hole under the seat. Now I'm thinking of making a bracket to hold a plastic ammobox under the seat next to the outer panel.
Yes, a $3.00 4 gallon black trash can from Walmart.

Reactions: JTW
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I'm talking about the space between the trash can and the outer panel. It's a pretty good sized area.

Reactions: Cowboy22
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm talking about the space between the trash can and the outer panel. It's a pretty good sized area.
Oh, gotcha. There was a member talking about that and it seems he was going to make a drawer of sorts that pulled out. I'm sorry that I can't recall who, or if he ever saw it complete.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Perfect spot for a sub...til you go under water!
Instead of removing the seat every time, an access panel from the front or side would've been cool. ;)

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Oh, gotcha. There was a member talking about that and it seems he was going to make a drawer of sorts that pulled out. I'm sorry that I can't recall who, or if he ever saw it complete.
Not gotten around to it yet Monte, the notion was to install some drawer slides with a steel military ammo can, such that the can would slide out from under the seat to side of the machine. I like the idea of a vertical storage tub accessed from under the driver's seat that hangs down there too. Most of the stuff I've needed to stow is already sorted, that and to design a side door that looks reasonable are the issues, also over time not sure how drawer slides would put up with mud and keerap.

j

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not gotten around to it yet Monte, the notion was to install some drawer slides with a steel military ammo can, such that the can would slide out from under the seat to side of the machine. I like the idea of a vertical storage tub accessed from under the driver's seat that hangs down there too. Most of the stuff I've needed to stow is already sorted, that and to design a side door that looks reasonable are the issues, also over time not sure how drawer slides would put up with mud and keerap.

j
Ah yes, it was JCart. Thanks buddy!

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I like the idea of a vertical storage tub accessed from under.....brain fart :cool: I did some looking under my seat and it looks like about 14" long piece of 6" PVC pipe capped on one end and a screw on cap at the other end will fit nicely. There should even be easy attachment to the frame member under there to mount it horizontally with the screw on cap accessible from under the wheel well. Project will have to wait until I get back with it from hunting in Montana.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Decided to make Menards run and throw this together. After my trip I'll probably make some kind of bracket and get rid of the hose clamps, but they will work for now. If you do this make sure to leave enough room to unscrew the cap. I'm not worried about the cap vibrating out, but those plastic caps can be a bear to remove sometimes so I made simple wrench.

Side view

Wrench
Wheel well

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Decided to make Menards run and throw this together. After my trip I'll probably make some kind of bracket and get rid of the hose clamps, but they will work for now. If you do this make sure to leave enough room to unscrew the cap. I'm not worried about the cap vibrating out, but those plastic caps can be a bear to remove sometimes so I made simple wrench.

View attachment 20813

View attachment 20814 View attachment 20815
That's interesting. When you first described it I thought you were talking about a vertical mount. You're right about those being hard to turn out sometimes. And I agree it should never be an issue of vibrating out. Nice mod oldfortyfive.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Very innovative nice mod Old45, I'm liking that a lot good thinking Sir! Thanks for pix.

Monte you could also mount vertical and access from under the seat by just standing the pipe upright, course you have to design a bracket to hold it and leave room to check the oil.

Never thought of pipe good one, rust, water, air proof and strong too.

Thanks again

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Very innovative nice mod Old45, I'm liking that a lot good thinking Sir! Thanks for pix.

Monte you could also mount vertical and access from under the seat by just standing the pipe upright, course you have to design a bracket to hold it and leave room to check the oil.

Never thought of pipe good one, rust, water, air proof and strong too.

Thanks again
Yeah I know, and that's the only way I've seen it done. I just assumed you'd get more volume that way, but you have to take the seat off to get to it.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I had a trashcan and tossed it because it was useless and full of 5 pounds of mud. But this PVC pipe idea is really a great idea!

I wonder if I can get some 6 or 8" pipe and make one standing up...Hmmm.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
I had a trashcan and tossed it because it was useless and full of 5 pounds of mud. But this PVC pipe idea is really a great idea!

I wonder if I can get some 6 or 8" pipe and make one standing up...Hmmm.
Got to be better than the trash can deal,BUT I would fer shur mount it upwards because of the MUD that would pile up on it.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

View attachment 20813

View attachment 20814 View attachment 20815
Leave the hose clamps . Can't see them . They work . If it aint broke .........

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!