P500 Uni filter upgrade...

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure if anyone has asked this before but I did search quick and come up with nothing. Wondering if anyone has switched to a uni filter air filter and if the "cage" that comes with it was sufficient or if you swapped in the oem one in its place. The oem one is mich more solid and heavy, just don't want to find out the one it came with is too frail for the machine. Any thoughts or input appreciated.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not sure if anyone has asked this before but I did search quick and come up with nothing. Wondering if anyone has switched to a uni filter air filter and if the "cage" that comes with it was sufficient or if you swapped in the oem one in its place. The oem one is mich more solid and heavy, just don't want to find out the one it came with is too frail for the machine. Any thoughts or input appreciated.
To me the cage is a big part of the improved airflow. I never ran one in the 500, but I think I'd be fine.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Run the wire "spring" that comes with the UNI filter. It is designed by UNI to keep the filter from collapsing under engine vacuum. Stock center piece is more restrictive and has something to do with mandated government requirements.

Reactions: Shadesmn
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'm sure a uni filter will work but have found OEM to be sufficient for these units. Regardless of which one you go with, I have always believed you can't clean the filter too often.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!