alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Not sure if this is possible, but curious if anyone has attempted to unlock and make the rear "turf mode" on the 500 or 700? I recently saw the post on a locker for the front, so I will look into that option as well, but would like to open the rear if reasonably possible....

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure if this is possible, but curious if anyone has attempted to unlock and make the rear "turf mode" on the 500 or 700? I recently saw the post on a locker for the front, so I will look into that option as well, but would like to open the rear if reasonably possible....
My guess is the rear axle is all one piece.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
My guess is the rear axle is all one piece.
I thought it may be possible, because the rear has two independent CVT axles going into a single housing, so I thought it may be possible, but unsure. My thoughts were something would need to be inside the housing to allow it operate, perhaps like the P1000, but again, I'm no expert and just curious if anyone has played around with it...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Brake design does both wheels, would need to add brakes to both wheels at least. @JWB ?

Reactions: alloutdoors and JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Brake design does both wheels, would need to add brakes to both wheels at least. @JWB ?
Would definitely need to add brakes to each wheel. I'll do a bit of checking, but I don't think the P500 shares rear drive components with anything that has the possibility of an 'open' rear differential. The P500 doesn't actually have a 'differential' in the rear, It's actually just a 90 degree gear box with a pinion gear and a ring gear with a solid splined hub, or 'spool' that the axles engage. If you put a different rear in it, matching the gear ratio, axle length, spline count, brake system, coupling to transmission, etc., would be the next problems.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!