P1000m5 Update on dual battery install….

Status
Not open for further replies.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the info Pusher, I will keep it in mind,did you make your strap?
Yes really simple. Mine is a little bunged up from bending it a should have cleaned that up a bit but...I accidentally put in factory battery picture as well and it wouldn't let me undo. I second that on ground. Just make a new ground and ground it to the vehicle under a good spot. That way your not using things that shouldn't be and you're actually giving the rig a better one then it had not relying on a smaller factory one. Also a thin piece of foam at the bottom and under the strap as well will help protect the battery

Reactions: JTH
JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes really simple. Mine is a little bunged up from bending it a should have cleaned that up a bit but...I accidentally put in factory battery picture as well and it wouldn't let me undo. I second that on ground. Just make a new ground and ground it to the vehicle under a good spot. That way your not using things that shouldn't be and you're actually giving the rig a better one then it had not relying on a smaller factory one. Also a thin piece of foam at the bottom and under the strap as well will help protect the battery
It doesn't look bad, thanks again

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm back with some pics of my battery,lights,dash switches and stereo install.The side lights were on my Ranger a few years ago, so I wanted to use them again on the Pioneer. This project took me longer than I expected. I took my time trying to keep things neat and being careful making my connections. I ordered everything through amazon and had to wait awhile because shipments came from different places at different times. For all you that may be thinking of doing something like this, It takes a lot of thought because you run out of space to mount things pretty quick. I still need to tidy up some wires and find a keyed power source for the bottom lights on the rocker switches.

View attachment 8097 View attachment 8098 View attachment 8099 View attachment 8100 View attachment 8101 View attachment 8102 View attachment 8103
I'm back with some pics of my battery,lights,dash switches and stereo install.The side lights were on my Ranger a few years ago, so I wanted to use them again on the Pioneer. This project took me longer than I expected. I took my time trying to keep things neat and being careful making my connections. I ordered everything through amazon and had to wait awhile because shipments came from different places at different times. For all you that may be thinking of doing something like this, It takes a lot of thought because you run out of space to mount things pretty quick. I still need to tidy up some wires and find a keyed power source for the bottom lights on the rocker switches.

View attachment 8097 View attachment 8098 View attachment 8099 View attachment 8100 View attachment 8101 View attachment 8102 View attachment 8103

Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I looking at the picture right, is that a Odyssey PC 925 that fits in the spare hole?

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I used an Odyssey PC 625 in my dual battery set-up. Battery stands up and fits nicely in space. I have not had any issues with accessories running it down.

Reactions: JTH
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!