Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Been thinking about upgrading my W7 pc to W10...

Anyone running a dual boot configuration?
Afraid some of my programs will not transition over, but I want to keep them. I've always like starting with a clean install anyways.
Downloading W10 ISO USB now.

Next, I'm broke $!
But I need office, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, a antivirus program, and a few other programs. Any help with those?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Been thinking about upgrading my W7 pc to W10...

Anyone running a dual boot configuration?
Afraid some of my programs will not transition over, but I want to keep them. I've always like starting with a clean install anyways.
Downloading W10 ISO USB now.

Next, I'm broke $!
But I need office, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, a antivirus program, and a few other programs. Any help with those?
Start a conversation with me, I can point you to everything for $0.00

Running windows 10 on 3 Computed a laptop and a tablet, works fine more user friendly than 8 or 8.1.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Bit the bullet and upgraded tonight.
So far, so good...

First up.. Set Chrome to default.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running MacOS X 10.11.2 and have Windows 10 and Chrome on virtual machines. Chrome is better than Windows.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Does Chrome run Photoshop? or are you referring to the browser not the Chrome OS

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OS not sure I use GIMP (open source photochop) on a virtual machine to limit open source softwares access to my main OS

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey just wondering how everyone is doing to date with Windows 10 ?

Ive been a diehard windows 7 guy so not sure if I should jump to 10 because I avoided 8.

Thanks.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey just wondering how everyone is doing to date with Windows 10 ?

Ive been a diehard windows 7 guy so not sure if I should jump to 10 because I avoided 8.

Thanks.

Yes go ahead with Windows 10, better than 7. As you know, 98 was worse than 95, XP was better than Vista but old, Windows 7 was really pretty good, 8 was terrible like Vista, 8.1 was a good try to make 7 into 10 but failed. 10 works great even on somewhat older machines. Has a bunch of good stuff and is easy to rid of extra crap. Runs well and clean.

BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
Hhhmmm...my desktop seems to run slower with W10. The computer came with W8, transitioned to 8.1, then 10.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hhhmmm...my desktop seems to run slower with W10. The computer came with W8, transitioned to 8.1, then 10.
It will be that way due to all the upgrading, for the most efficient use a clean install of an operation system is best but you have to back up all your personal files which most people don't want to bother with.

You could try ccleaner I use it quite a bit.
CCleaner - Standard

First you run it to clean all the "crap" downloaded onto you PC from the internet.
Second use the tools to scan clean up the Registry which is what is slowing Windows down (Registry errors from outdated code / programs).
Third use it to stop all the crap that is automatically starting up every time you boot up you computer, all of it can be deleted (Some PC try to preload up to 40 apps and programs at startup when none are actually needed).

advertisement
BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
Thanks Jackal!

I will give the CC Cleaner a shot...can't hurt to try.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
As for me.. W10 seems to be doing great. Well.. Except occasional startup lag. Figured a clean install or following @Jackals solution above may fix it. But usually, it just stays on so not too concerned. Originally I was planning a full clean install but after upgrading it worked well I never did it.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As for me.. W10 seems to be doing great. Well.. Except occasional startup lag. Figured a clean install or following @Jackals solution above may fix it. But usually, it just stays on so not too concerned. Originally I was planning a full clean install but after upgrading it worked well I never did it.

I think you will find that the occasional startup lag is due to updates being downloaded and ready to install after the next startup. They sit there until you do a restart and then install causing the delay. Jackal is exactly right about a jumbled registry and left over unneeded crud left by old installs and upgrades. There is no substitute for a clean install. Besides uninstalling all tool bars and such, close open programs, try right clicking on the start button (window icon now), select run and type in %tmp%, ctrl-A to select all, then delete everything in the temp folder. You machine will run better.

Reactions: Stauvo and Hondasxs
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All sounds good. I paid extra for windows 7 in My Sager 15" note book to avoid 8 as it was meant only for streaming data. I will think on it for awhile. Thanks guys!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!