Golf Cart Upgrade

koma

koma

Dec 1, 2020
East Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 48 volt E-Z Go golf cart and probably have a couple of years left on the batteries.
Not a bad cart, we’ve enjoyed the heck out of it but I’m done with the batteries. Three in
the pontoon, three in the motor home, three other vehicles not to metion the four in the golf
cart. Looking to get a gas cart. I like to go watch dirt track racing and a lot of places only
allow golf carts. Golf cart is a 2010 and I’ll sell it outright. Three brands I’m considering.
EZ Go
Club Car
Yamaha.
Any one have any advice (pro’s/con’s) on the three I just mentioned. Probably get something
this winter when camping season is over. Thought I would do a little research early and
start looking for deals.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
a lot of places only
allow golf carts.
Maybe at your race tracks they do, but 95% of campgrounds only allow electric carts from all the campgrounds we have been to and what many friends that camp alot have told us. One had to sell his gas Cart cuz of this.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe at your race tracks they do, but 95% of campgrounds only allow electric carts from all the campgrounds we have been to and what many friends that camp alot have told us. One had to sell his gas Cart cuz of this.
Same here. Most campgrounds in my part of the world are electric only.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The gas powered FI Yamaha is amazing. It’s crazy quite too. For a golf cart, I’d go Yamaha. Good ride and plenty of room.

Here’s a pic of my ‘21

IMG 3372

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The gas powered FI Yamaha is amazing. It’s crazy quite too. For a golf cart, I’d go Yamaha. Good ride and plenty of room.

Here’s a pic of my ‘21

View attachment 402651
I love the look of the yami’s
Also, most golf corses are not allowing gas as well. The corse i belong too started this. They said too many leaking oil on the fairways lol.

koma

koma

Dec 1, 2020
East Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I appreciate the input. Seems like all three have selling points. I’ll probably look for a couple of golf cart forums. Like this one, there should be a lot of info.
I do know this, since the kung flu emergency it seems that they have went up in price, especially used ones. Most everything new is EFI. From what I’ve read so far Yamaha has it’s own chassis and motor, where as one of the others has Kohler and the other Kawasaki for a motor. Club car, I think, offers a aluminum frame…….besides reducing weight I don’t know what benefit that is.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!