P1000m5 Used 2016 1000-5 value

M

MadcoHokie

Sep 25, 2020
VA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bought a brand new 0 miles 2018 P1K5 Deluxe for $13,748 OTD 2yrs ago. This market is crazy but no way a base 2016 model is worth more than $10k
Thanks for the reality check. It is insane the prices these are bringing and I am not sure they are going back. The guy claims the dealership has offered him the $16.5K and that is low as he will go.

I have a quote from the dealership with out the door cash price of $20,500 for standard model with roof and windshield.

Want to sell yours for $12K? 😁

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I am currently looking at a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 with standard trim package with 2100 miles. I have called the dealer with the VIN number and recalls and standard maintenance have been done on schedule. It doesn't come with any accessories and the front tires are bald from driving on road between farms. Per the owner it's whole life has been farm work but I haven't seen it in person to look at skid plates and if caked with mud or not.

What do you guys think fair value is? Is $14500 too much? Any concerns with buying the first model year?
I think you're wasting time and energy searching for a bargain. Finding one in this economy is very unlikely.

Your choices are limited due to a world-wide shortage of semi-conductors. You can place a deposit with your local dealer and wait for a new unit which my take a year or search nationwide for one to show up and buy long distance. That will involve taking time off from work and traveling to make your purchase or paying shipping costs.

If you want a Honda Pioneer now you'll have to pay the inflated price sellers are demanding. There are no cheap used utvs.

The practical definition of value is the price a willing seller will accept and a willing buyer will pay.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the reality check. It is insane the prices these are bringing and I am not sure they are going back. The guy claims the dealership has offered him the $16.5K and that is low as he will go.

I have a quote from the dealership with out the door cash price of $20,500 for standard model with roof and windshield.

Want to sell yours for $12K? 😁

I have a 2018 P1K5 Limited Edition, it has 11,200 miles on it though, been a great machine. Just did major service replacing all bushing, ball joints, & bearings, etc. I would consider $12K for it. Am looking to replacing it with a 2022 model P1K5 LE ( but they will be called something different for this new MY yet to be announced).

M

MadcoHokie

Sep 25, 2020
VA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
More details on that one? It looks like a better deal already. Upgraded sho

I think you're wasting time and energy searching for a bargain. Finding one in this economy is very unlikely.

Your choices are limited due to a world-wide shortage of semi-conductors. You can place a deposit with your local dealer and wait for a new unit which my take a year or search nationwide for one to show up and buy long distance. That will involve taking time off from work and traveling to make your purchase or paying shipping costs.

If you want a Honda Pioneer now you'll have to pay the inflated price sellers are demanding. There are no cheap used utvs.

The practical definition of value is the price a willing seller will accept and a willing buyer will pay.
What he told me about accessories. Just a farm machine, stored in barn, serviced at dealership with records.

I just have concerns about buying first model year.

Fox shocks was 1399 plus tax shipping and install. Made the ride so much better.
The wheels and tire package was 1200 or so.
Full enclosure bought from dealer. Think that was 1500 or so. Windshield. Light bar in the front. Rear lights also.

I understand the supply and demand and worth what someone is willing to pay. I am not desperate to buy one but would like to have one before summer but not stressing it. Just would like to get a solid machine for the money. This one has the accessories I would probably add besides a skid plate that I would add.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a '16 as well? It's a better deal at 16 five than that other one was at 14 five. The other one appeared to be rode hard and put away wet, with the bald tires and all. This guy has taken care of this one and accessorized it.

Shock upgrade is well worth $1400 right off the bat, it really improves the P1000.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The other one fell through as he wouldn't take $12K.

What do the guys think of this one for $16.5K

View attachment 311300
I didn’t open the link because 🖕Fakebook, but it’s an 18 with upgraded shocks and wheels with a windshield and roof and whatever else… for 16.5?
Is it a DLux or base? How many miles?
If the miles are low I’d say jump on it. If not like @JACKAL said wait till Honda comes out with the new buggy and check that out, it will be more money but it will be new. Good luck

M

MadcoHokie

Sep 25, 2020
VA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It's a '16 as well? It's a better deal at 16 five than that other one was at 14 five. The other one appeared to be rode hard and put away wet, with the bald tires and all. This guy has taken care of this one and accessorized it.

Shock upgrade is well worth $1400 right off the bat, it really improves the P1000.
I didn’t open the link because 🖕Fakebook, but it’s an 18 with upgraded shocks and wheels with a windshield and roof and whatever else… for 16.5?
If the miles are low I’d say jump on it. If not like @JACKAL said wait till Honda comes out with the new buggy and check that out, it will be more money but it will be new. Good luck

It is a 2016 bought in October 2017. Deluxe with 2000 farm miles.

What are the anticipated upgrades of the 2022? In doing some light reading didn't seem like too much was changing.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is a 2016 bought in October 2017. Deluxe with 2000 farm miles.

What are the anticipated upgrades of the 2022? In doing some light reading didn't seem like too much was changing.
2000 miles seem Like a lot, but if you look at @JACKAL buggy he’s got 11K plus on his and he rides it almost every day, so 2K don’t seem that bad. As far as the upgrades on the 22’s I heard that Honda is coming out with a new model that is a cross between a sport and a utility model but leaning more to sport. At least that’s what the buzz is. A16 DLux with upgrades for 16.5… if your paying cash for it maybe wave 13K in his face and he’ll take it. Or wait it out and see what Honda does with the “new” model might be a lot of P1000 floating around because people trading them in or wanting to sell to get new buggy.

M

MadcoHokie

Sep 25, 2020
VA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
2000 miles seem Like a lot, but if you look at @JACKAL buggy he’s got 11K plus on his and he rides it almost every day, so 2K don’t seem that bad. As far as the upgrades on the 22’s I heard that Honda is coming out with a new model that is a cross between a sport and a utility model but leaning more to sport. At least that’s what the buzz is. A16 DLux with upgrades for 16.5… if your paying cash for it maybe wave 13K in his face and he’ll take it. Or wait it out and see what Honda does with the “new” model might be a lot of P1000 floating around because people trading them in or wanting to sell to get new buggy.
I can try the $13K in his face but that is a three hour one way drive gamble. Whether it is true or not he said the dealership already offered him $16.5K but would rather sell to private party.

Interesting thought if 2022 are going through significant changes that there may be more for sale from those looking to upgrades. Do you have link to website or forum with changes?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I can try the $13K in his face but that is a three hour one way drive gamble. Whether it is true or not he said the dealership already offered him $16.5K but would rather sell to private party.

Interesting thought if 2022 are going through significant changes that there may be more for sale from those looking to upgrades. Do you have link to website or forum with changes?
No official news about any changes until later this month, they will be minor but notable. The model name, color and Bold New Graphics will be the biggest change. Remember, Honda only makes vanilla, but, it's the best vanilla there is. 😋

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No official news about any changes until later this month, they will be minor but notable. The model name, color and Bold New Graphics will be the biggest change. Remember, Honda only makes vanilla, but, it's the best vanilla there is. 😋
👆👆👆👆Pretty much this👆👆👆👆

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yes it is a gamble, but if you got a day to kill and your interested in it, might be worth the trip, cash in your face is a hard thing to say no to.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got a 2017 1000-3 for $12,500 out the door ....brand new in December 2917. I have seen dealers on eBay that still have realistic prices on new units. Look elsewhere, used units pass hands for a reason. (sunk, grinds, pops out of gear, etc. Farm vehicles are the worst. When I think back on how I treated machinery I wouldn't buy it for any price.)

M

Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Looks like a good deal for 16.5k

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!