P500 Valve adjustment do I really need it

Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Okay P5 has 600 miles on it I hit some mud I got some water in the engine so just in case I got it at the mechanics and they're doing a complete flush out engine gas tank differentials everything it's running it to about $600 for the whole job here's the question now when they get it running back they asked if I've done a valve adjustment I told the truth I said no they said they want to do a valve adjustment on it as well there will be an extra $250 that's going to bring my repair to almost $900 which is really tapping me out can the valve adjustment wait awhile so I can put the money in the bank LOL

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
If you're going to have it done, I guess now would be the time to do it. I've had mine 4 yrs now and have never done it though.
I just adjusted mine at 3400 miles for the first time. They were not noisy but WERE a little loose-by about 2-3 thousandths each. Definitely could feel an increase in power at all rpms. Dealers price is waaaay too high. IMHO. Not even a one hour job.
WB

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
250 for valve adjustment?. Screw that. They are easy to adjust

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!