P500 Valve adjustment

xfirecat

xfirecat

Jun 18, 2019
Simcoe County
Ownership

1. 500
So I adjusted the valves and changed the oil on my new to me 2019 P500 with 170 kms. If there is a timing mark it is impossible to see. I used the straw method and found the compression stroke and TDC based on the closing of the intake valve. I opened the crank inspection port (triangular with three bolts) and rotated the engine CW with a 17mm socket wrench to get TDC. The valves needed a little adjustment but not too bad. She starts better now too. Next time I need to do this job it will be a lot faster. For those who complain about the number of plastic fasteners, be happy they aren’t screws! Thanks to code54 for the valve adjustment thread. Finding TDC was the hardest most time consuming part. Next time I will open the crank inspection port and use the straw method saving a couple hours of disassembly. Nothing to be afraid of on this job!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!