Vibration in 4x4

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
This afternoon I decided to put the Pioneer in 4x4 for normal riding to see if there was any noticeable difference in the ride or steering. What I found was a noticeable increase in vibration felt in the steering wheel and gas pedal during acceleration and is most pronounced about 28 mph and smooths out over 30ish. Anyone else ride theirs in 4x4 and notice the same?

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
I have noticed the same vibration in 4x4 and also sometimes at lower speeds in 2 wheel drive when you accelerate.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks Bobbo64!! Good to know its not just mine. Im sure its not a problem and I'll hardly run in 4x4 on smooth terrain anyway. I think it's probably more noticeable since the Pioneer is so smooth and there's hardly any vibration to begin with.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I haven't really road in 4x4. I guess I'll try it out and see what you r talking about here.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Yeah mine does it as well. At the high rpm's right before gear changes

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I have noticed it also. I doesn't really bother me. I know where it's coming from and I know there is nothing wrong just the way it is.

Not to change the subject but had anyone else noticed there parking brake cable chattering at the rear caliper after the cable gets stretched out a little from using it. I noticed it and have tightened it up and it stops but till does it every once in a while.

A

Anonymous

My P-2 does it bad in two wheel drive around 26 to 33 its terrible, Hope the tires just need wore in a little,have not tried 4 wheel.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!