Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice video, now that you have had the Pioneer 1000 for a while doesn't it make you wonder how you got by with the P500 comparative for ride quality and room.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice video, now that you have had the Pioneer 1000 for a while doesn't it make you wonder how you got by with the P500 comparative for ride quality and room.
I didn't know what I was missing. With the 500 I flew like a beagle and with the 1000 I'm flying like a screaming eagle!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I didn't know what I was missing. With the 500 I flew like a beagle and with the 1000 I'm flying like a screaming eagle!

I hear ya, still have both machine but when I actually take the P500 out on the trail I'm woefully reminded of the disparity of capabilities and comfort.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya I remember the first time riding on a long ride with him. Was like 250 miles round trip, 100acre was in the 500 and we were in the Wolverine. Every time we stopped he was a little slower getting out lol. I couldn’t believe he didn’t complain much, when we stopped the first night he was done though. It was dusty and we let him out front mostly, slow going we’d fail back for awhile then haul ass till hit dust with him chugging along up the hills. He was a trooper on that one. That was partial along that same path as the video, eased up a bit with heights over Mt. Baldy that trip:)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ya I remember the first time riding on a long ride with him. Was like 250 miles round trip, 100acre was in the 500 and we were in the Wolverine. Every time we stopped he was a little slower getting out lol. I couldn’t believe he didn’t complain much, when we stopped the first night he was done though. It was dusty and we let him out front mostly, slow going we’d fail back for awhile then haul ass till hit dust with him chugging along up the hills. He was a trooper on that one. That was partial along that same path as the video, eased up a bit with heights over Mt. Baldy that trip:)

Ya I'm not as young, limber, and tough (or stupid) as I once was and my body is less forgiving of me trying to cover a bunch of rough trails at any pace. Have to admit the P1K has spoiled me for all around comfort and versatility and the cost of being compact and less expensive like the P500. Each has its niche and some crossover, but it is not fair to compare even at double the price when it comes to how you feel after a loooong days ride.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have quite a few videos from our excursions. Many are in up to 6 different vids for each trail/ride. I need to learn some better editing software to splice it all together. About to try DaVinci Resolve next.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!