Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Just thought I’d share update on my truck tailgate door seals…
Still daylight tight after 2500 miles and 3 seasons.

you don’t get so much water at your feet when crossing streams too. Unfortunately does hold a little heat during summer but cuts dust. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

makes huge difference in drafts at your feet for the winter. With my heater my feet stay toasty warm.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
So I got the heater installed last weekend.

Of course like a dummy I don’t have and blue Honda smurf juice on hand and nearest source is 60 mi away. I installed the heater any way thinking I won’t spill that much...yeah right.

Long story short, tonight I stupidly think I can start it up and the air will work it’s way out as the radiator and overflow tank are still full. I get the ole girl warmed up and sure enough the temp light comes on. Check radiator temp and it’s ice cold.
I clamped off the hoses (before and after) right where I cut them. Honestly, I don't think I lost more than an ounce or two. But I also ordered my IceCrusher heater with an electric water pump. Once I had everything hooked up, I just ran the pump without starting the machine, added a little coolant back to the radiator and capped it off. I've had it heated up to normal temps at least half a dozen times since then and I've never gone over two bars.

Glad you were unscathed by the smurf fountain.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I got the heater installed last weekend.

Of course like a dummy I don’t have and blue Honda smurf juice on hand and nearest source is 60 mi away. I installed the heater any way thinking I won’t spill that much...yeah right.

Long story short, tonight I stupidly think I can start it up and the air will work it’s way out as the radiator and overflow tank are still full. I get the ole girl warmed up and sure enough the temp light comes on. Check radiator temp and it’s ice cold. Then like a dummy I think I can just gently crack the radiator cap and attempt to relieve the air in the system.

Due to the cap being recessed I apply too much torque and boom, smurf juice 6’ fountain!

Luckily I was wearing my winter jacket and gloves and hat.

Maybe I should have read that cap warning closer....
I've seen a lot of posts with folks dealing with the issue of purging the air from the cooling system. This is the easiest way I've seen.
I got the SATV heater and the kit comes with some pinch pliers for the radiator inlet hose. Instructions are to just pinch the inlet hose and it will bleed the air to the radiator through the system. I didn't believe it so called and talked to a tech and he assured me it would work. He was right! :D Here's the steps:

- Fill coolant level to manufacturers recommended setting.
- Start machine and run at 3000 RPM until engine is hot.
- Use provided Hose Pliers and pinch off Inlet Hose as shown below.
(see pic)
- Remove Hose Pliers after Radiator Fan turns ON.
- After Radiator Fan turns OFF, pinch Inlet Hose again and remove after Radiator Fan turns ON.
- Turn machine off and let engine completely cool; may take several hours.
- Check Coolant Level in Radiator and Resevoir; adjust as needed.
- Start machine and repeat “pinch” steps again.

Return line

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!