P1000 Viper elite 4500

J

Jcastleman

Aug 6, 2020
tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I'm new here and new to sxs's period. I started installing a viper elite 4500 on my 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I've installed a winch on my honda foreman and it wasn't a big deal but this one has me a little puzzled. I'm not a electrician so bare with me. ..I have the in/out switch installed in the cab, and there is the green and black wires tied together with quick connects going straight to the contactor. Those are hooked up....but it also as another black wire and a red wire that are pre spliced that are coming off the switch too. The diagram shows them somehow connecting to my ignition? Btw this unit also has the wireless remote. AGAIN forgive my stupidity here but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I'm new here and new to sxs's period. I started installing a viper elite 4500 on my 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I've installed a winch on my honda foreman and it wasn't a big deal but this one has me a little puzzled. I'm not a electrician so bare with me. ..I have the in/out switch installed in the cab, and there is the green and black wires tied together with quick connects going straight to the contactor. Those are hooked up....but it also as another black wire and a red wire that are pre spliced that are coming off the switch too. The diagram shows them somehow connecting to my ignition? Btw this unit also has the wireless remote. AGAIN forgive my stupidity here but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Those would be power to your switch, you’ll need to tap in to your 12v accessory wire for key on power.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Viper Elite 4500 Winch Install

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
J

Jcastleman

Aug 6, 2020
tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great video....but again. I don't know what to do with the ignition part of the wiring. I don't have the fuse box and all that you have

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Great video....but again. I don't know what to do with the ignition part of the wiring. I don't have the fuse box and all that you have

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Posi Tap

Or this

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!