P1000 Superwinch 4500 question

O

old sparky

Sep 24, 2023
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 23 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I bought a Superwinch Terra 4500 (cable). The hole spacing on the Terra fairlead is 6 1/2, and the Pioneer bumper is 6". My buddy has 3 of the winches and the fairlead spacing is 6". Sometime Superwinch changed their fairlead. I guess I could make an adapter or slot holes. But what have others done? I called Superwinch and ask if they had a 6" hole spacing fairlead they said they would call back. They never have.

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No one has installed a superwinch in a while. Rumor was they were closing shop. But now that they released their new winch line im guessing they are trying to get back up to par.

My suggestion is to get a different fairlead that fits.

If you got the new style... please post some pics.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
I have a 23 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I bought a Superwinch Terra 4500 (cable). The hole spacing on the Terra fairlead is 6 1/2, and the Pioneer bumper is 6". My buddy has 3 of the winches and the fairlead spacing is 6". Sometime Superwinch changed their fairlead. I guess I could make an adapter or slot holes. But what have others done? I called Superwinch and ask if they had a 6" hole spacing fairlead they said they would call back. They never have.
I bought mine in 2019 and fit without issue

Reactions: ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I called Superwinch and ask if they had a 6" hole spacing fairlead they said they would call back. They never have.
If you're looking for a decent aluminum hawse for 6" spacing, look no further than your local Harbor Freight. They will hook you up for under $20.

Oh, I have a Superwinch Terra 35 on my 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS. Have not had a lick of trouble out of that winch in the nearly 10 years it has been installed on the ATV, and I've put that thing to the test many times.

E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've been pleasantly surprised with some of the offerings at HF. Their tools are disposable, but the shackles, snatch blocks, and hitch accessories are name brand quality.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!