P1000 Viper elite hardwire switch

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New install. It came with 2 hardwire switches. Kind of funky no way to really mount it . Looks like there for ATV handlebars. Anyway is depending soley on the remote a bad idea?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New install. It came with 2 hardwire switches. Kind of funky no way to really mount it . Looks like there for ATV handlebars. Anyway is depending soley on the remote a bad idea?
Shouldn’t be a problem. A hardwired switch is a nice backup because remotes get buried, run over malfunction etc. The club store sells a nice winch rocker switch. I have it on mine.

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree with having a hardwired switch in addition to a remote, but I threw away the switch that came in the box. Beyond the club store, search the net and you'll find a lot of backlighted rocker switch options under $10. Best to use a fuse box or inline fuse.

Find a nice spot on the dash and make sure there's clearance behind. I cut the rectangle with a utility knife, hooked up the wires, and snapped it in place. Works great.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!