P500 Waiting on tires and wheel spacers

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Just ordered 1" wheel spacers from RB3 along with Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires. 26x9R12 in the front and 26x11R12 for the rear. Very much looking forward to this upgrade. I have been saving for quite a while. I was a little hesitant on spending the money on the spacers but I think it will be a necessary addition with the increase in overall height. I've been reading about how much of a positive difference this upgrade has made for members and was finally able to get everything ordered. Just in time too. With 2000 miles on the stock tires which are now almost bald up front and the 25s I got used to put on a second set of stock rims I acquired can be retired for plowing so I can just leave the chains on them permanently. Really want to express my appreciation for all the information and help I have received from this forum.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Congratulations. I dithered for months asking questions and reading suggestions and finally ordered tires and spacers for mine as well.

I'm very pleased with the results. No more roaring tire noise and now I have good road grip on tight blacktop curves which is where I drive it. I hope you are as pleased with your new tires as I am with mine.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just ordered 1" wheel spacers from RB3 along with Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires. 26x9R12 in the front and 26x11R12 for the rear. Very much looking forward to this upgrade. I have been saving for quite a while. I was a little hesitant on spending the money on the spacers but I think it will be a necessary addition with the increase in overall height. I've been reading about how much of a positive difference this upgrade has made for members and was finally able to get everything ordered. Just in time too. With 2000 miles on the stock tires which are now almost bald up front and the 25s I got used to put on a second set of stock rims I acquired can be retired for plowing so I can just leave the chains on them permanently. Really want to express my appreciation for all the information and help I have received from this forum.

Used to run that same set up. Great all around tire and they wear like iron. Even with the added height it'll feel more stable than before by adding those spacers. Let us know what you think but I already know it's going to be a bad b****. :cool:

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Well I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of my wheel spacer and tire upgrade. RB3's spacers are really nice and the 26" Bighorn 2.0 tires make a huge difference. A buddy who came over to see it and check out the change in handling said, "It should have came that way." Very much worth the money.

Before After Comparison After Left side Comparison 2 Front Spacer

Last edited:
S

Stalkman50

Aug 3, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of my wheel spacer and tire upgrade. RB3's spacers are really nice and the 26" Bighorn 2.0 tires make a huge difference. A buddy who came over to see it and check out the change in handling said, "It should have came that way." Very much worth the money.

View attachment 288904 View attachment 288905 View attachment 288906 View attachment 288908 View attachment 288909 View attachment 288910 View attachment 288911
reviving an old thread. However I have a question. I am not the most mechanical person but can do anything that is super simple. I am almost thinking of copying your exact setup. When you installed this did you have to do anything to the control arms or was it simply bolt on the wheel spacer and put the tire on? If it is super simple I am just going to order the parts and do it myself. If not I'm going to take it to the shop. I have watched videos on how to install them and I know its as easy as just attaching the lug nuts. Specifically though I am more worried about increasing the ride height with the 26 inch tires and having the wheel spacers affecting the suspension and control arm. Im almost sure its not a big deal as ive done my research but better to have a 1st hand account before I spend the money.

Last edited:
MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Stalkman50- if you can change a tire, you can install the wheel spacers! There is no modification needed to anything to install them and ditto for the 26" tires. Oh, remember to put some blue lock-tite on the huts holding the spacers on. I believe RB3 has that in the instructions.

I put 26" tires on my stock wheels and ran my P5 that way for 2 years. I then purchased 1-1/2" spacers from RB3 and installed them prior to taking the P5 out to Moab. Road Moab trails for 5 days and when getting back home- I serviced the P5 like I do all my machines after a ride and there is no damage or ill affects on the suspension from the wheel spacers. I only had rock damage to the stock plastic skid plate and the bars that are like the rocker panels(?) from slamming into rock.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
reviving an old thread. However I have a question. I am not the most mechanical person but can do anything that is super simple. I am almost thinking of copying your exact setup. When you installed this did you have to do anything to the control arms or was it simply bolt on the wheel spacer and put the tire on? If it is super simple I am just going to order the parts and do it myself. If not I'm going to take it to the shop. I have watched videos on how to install them and I know its as easy as just attaching the lug nuts. Specifically though I am more worried about increasing the ride height with the 26 inch tires and having the wheel spacers affecting the suspension and control arm. Im almost sure its not a big deal as ive done my research but better to have a 1st hand account before I spend the money.
SUPER simple. Just unbolt the wheel, be sure to clean the the face of the hub, (where the back of the spacer will be after it's bolted on) put on the lug nuts that come with the spacer and torque them to 80 ft/lbs roughly and then bolt on the tire to the newly bolted on spacer with the same torque spec. Nothing else required. I have around 500 miles on this setup since I did this modification and I couldn't be happier. Absolutely something you can do yourself without issue. You will immediately be glad you decided to do this upgrade. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out for you and what you think.

*Edit*
@MI-Trailblazer Great point! I responded before reading your thread. There is actually one more thing and that thing is the Blue Loctite. Definitely can't go wrong using that during install! All in all @Stalkman50 it's very easy and probably one of the best upgrades you can do in my opinion. LOL I'm excited for your thoughts on it I was very pleased I'm sure you will be as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: crewcabrob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!