P1000 Wanna make sure I’m comprehending tire info correctly

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Serious question: why the hell did someone decide to use two different size tires on a four wheel vehicle?
Smart car is the same way. Fronts are smaller. They don’t come with a spare tire, but a tire plug kit is standard. If I remember correctly, it’s stored under the passenger floorboard, next to the battery.

AndyC

AndyC

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problem with these toe plates I’m having is the YouTube tutorials show how to set the plates and then they say adjust till you have like 1/8” toe in I believe, but I don’t know which tire I should adjust more on to make things track straight and the pavement quit eating these tires alive.

Reactions: Lady01
AndyC

AndyC

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
435D4F49 CF26 40B3 B6E1 9D659F72EA32
34FEA1EB 1823 4837 9BDE D59E4E3DA0AB

first picture is about 250ish miles right BEFORE I adjusted things using toe plates and second picture is roughly 980 miles In. The drivers side tire is on the right side in both pictures. Since adjusting it has caught up somewhat and they have similar wear now, just wearing fast.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!