P1000 Wanna make sure I’m comprehending tire info correctly

AndyC

AndyC

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m wanting to setup my ‘21 1000-5 deluxe where I can rotate the tires on it. I’ve got like 950 miles on mine with the factory wheels and tires and my back tires look almost new but my front ones are quite a bit more than 50% worn out already. Am I correct in that all I need to do is buy 4 aftermarket wheels with a 5+2 offset, 1” spacers for the rear wheels, and then just get 4 new tires that have a matching size?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m wanting to setup my ‘21 1000-5 deluxe where I can rotate the tires on it. I’ve got like 950 miles on mine with the factory wheels and tires and my back tires look almost new but my front ones are quite a bit more than 50% worn out already. Am I correct in that all I need to do is buy 4 aftermarket wheels with a 5+2 offset, 1” spacers for the rear wheels, and then just get 4 new tires that have a matching size?
Yes all right but sounds like you need to set toe in on front this is common to be way off

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need 2” spacers in the rear and 1” in the front.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running 5x2 with just 1" in rear no problem and the 235-75 -15 well my rims are 30 mm offset so 4.75 x 2.25
Well my assumption was that he was going up in tire size which will require SATV A-Arms in the front. Then you have to follow the general rule of if you go up you must go out. 😉

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To get your alignment right, go with 4 jack stands or something similar at the corners. Then go all the way around with kite string. Measure and make a perfect rectangle around the vehicle. Use this as your guide to getting the front aligned.

I struggled with mine until I did this.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m wanting to setup my ‘21 1000-5 deluxe where I can rotate the tires on it.
Couple things that need addressing first. Welcome to the forum from Michigan. Yours says your from USA, well thats great! We need to know your state, unless u own a house in each state? Lol. So u got to fix that.
second, you have no pics! 🤨
First unwritten form Gospel verse is pics of your machine! So you have officially earned….
Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

Now as for your tires and wheels, If u want to rotate your tires, yes you need same size all the way around yes that offset is fine, but you will need spacers as stated above from my 2 dear friends to fix your track. The ones I have is 1” in front and 1-1/2“ in the rear. @RB3offroad is a vender here and has nice bundle you should look into For spacers.
if u go bigger than 28”, largest tire for stock machine, your gonna need new arms And shocks preferably.

Also, tires and wheels have been beat to death on hear more times than Carter’s got Liver pills.
that said, save yourself and take your time and search what your looking for in the upper right hand corner before asking. you might be surprised.

Now we helped you
so help us and post up them pics!!

R

Ryjohn007

Feb 21, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
dumb question here....are spacers required for aftermarket wheels? or does it depend on the offset?

Reactions: JenElio
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
dumb question here....are spacers required for aftermarket wheels? or does it depend on the offset?
Depends on offset. Most people get the 5+2 offset all the way around. Not required but it is definitely recommended to add spacers to the rear to make the front and rear the same overall width when using the 5+2 offset wheels front and back. The stock wheels have different offsets for front and back so no spacers needed to achieve this.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Depends on offset. Most people get the 5+2 offset all the way around. Not required but it is definitely recommended to add spacers to the rear to make the front and rear the same overall width when using the 5+2 offset wheels front and back. The stock wheels have different offsets for front and back so no spacers needed to achieve this.

to add to this, same offset wheel all the way around you can rotate the wheels and even have a spare that fits every corner.

AndyC

AndyC

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll be sticking with the stock height of 27” for tires. The building that I keep it in so it doesn’t have to sit outside is rather small height wise and this thing barely and I mean barely clears going inside. I’m gonna have to be really careful when I buy tires to make sure they aren’t taller than what these stock Armstrong tires are.

Reactions: Lady01
AndyC

AndyC

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get the string to lay nicely on the sidewall of the rear tires, then make it parallel at the front.
Will this work still since my front tires are more narrow than the rear? Or because the factory rims have different offsets that makes things line up? i first tried the toe plates I bought at around 300ish miles and one front tire was way worn and the other not so much. They seem to be wearing semi even with each other now, they are just wearing super fast. More than double what the rear tires are wearing.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, once you have a good, true rectangle it may actually be off the front tires a few inches so you can measure the front and back of the sidewall to the string.

You may need to space it off the rear tires as well. The key is that it should be square to their sidewalls.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Replacing your oem wheels and tires without correcting the front end alignment will only result in more worn tires at greater expense.

Your first concern should be correcting the rapid wear of front tires issue.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll be sticking with the stock height of 27” for tires. The building that I keep it in so it doesn’t have to sit outside is rather small height wise and this thing barely and I mean barely clears going inside. I’m gonna have to be really careful when I buy tires to make sure they aren’t taller than what these stock Armstrong tires are.
I have the same problem. I had to hacksaw, drill and remount my garage door so it would lift high enough to let my machine in. I have 1/2" clearance, so I have to pull in slow and not bounce in.

Specific to the spacer issue discussed above: stock front tires are 9" wide and stock rears are 11". If you stay with the stock sizes on your new tires, you're fine. If, on the other hand, you want four of the same size tires, then you need spacers to keep the front and rear tires in the same track.
When I burn through my stock tires I'll likely go to four same-size tires. Right now, my spare is a 9" tire because that will fit on the front and the rear, where an 11" tire will not work as a spare on the front.

Serious question: why the hell did someone decide to use two different size tires on a four wheel vehicle?

AndyC

AndyC

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I’m planning on running is four 27x10x14 on matching 5+2 offset 14” wheels. And then just rotate the tires regularly, and run a tread pattern that’s not directional or as aggressive like these Armstrong dirt master tires are that came on the thing new.

AndyC

AndyC

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replacing your oem wheels and tires without correcting the front end alignment will only result in more worn tires at greater expense.

Your first concern should be correcting the rapid wear of front tires issue.
I prolly just didn’t do it right with the toe plates. at first my passenger side front was wearing way way faster than the driver side front. Since I’ve “corrected“ it they are both wearing equally fast now. With 980 miles my fronts are prolly at 40ish percent and backs are at 90% I’d estimate.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!