Want bigger tires

J

Jeramyhsmith

Feb 17, 2014
Had my Pioneer for 6 months with over 700 miles. Casual riding to some good mudding. Time to get a big winch, light bar, bigger tires. Not too big, just need more clearance. Anyone have pics of a good set up and a lift kit?

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
There is a few lift kits coming out but you can run a 28" bighorn 2.0 without a lift gains about a 1 1/2'' ground clearance. Im running the bighorn original 26/10/12 & 26/12/12 which measure out to almost a 27". Best thing Ive done to the pioneer so far is changing the tires and wheels.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Would like larger tires as well, however if I did that it would not fit in my garage with the hardtop on :x

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I'm not sure about running 28" but I can fit in a 9x7 garage door without rubbing.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
kyhunter said:
I'm not sure about running 28" but I can fit in a 9x7 garage door without rubbing.

Agree with kyhunter. You can see from my avatar I have a light bar on top and I can get in a 7'H garage door easily with stock tires. 28" would only add 1.5" of height. If you are not entering the garage on mostly level ground it might be an issue. ie:basement garage with a slope down to the door. The rear of the machine would be higher than the front and hit the frame as your entering.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
ohanacreek said:
kyhunter said:

Agree with kyhunter. You can see from my avatar I have a light bar on top and I can get in a 7'H garage door easily with stock tires. 28" would only add 1.5" of height. If you are not entering the garage on mostly level ground it might be an issue. ie:basement garage with a slope down to the door. The rear of the machine would be higher than the front and hit the frame as your entering.

I've looked at Light Bars but I'm afraid It'd get ripped off after one ride.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
kyhunter said:
ohanacreek said:
kyhunter said:

I've looked at Light Bars but I'm afraid It'd get ripped off after one ride.

BigRiver put his on hood/dash in front of windshield. Wish I'd thought of that before I put holes in roof.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!