WarHead OffRoad Talon Tailgate Bed Extender

Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have been wanting a tailgate that would swing open and allow my ice chest to swing out of the way for easy access to my TS storage box. I saw several ideas on this forum, but it was mostly people fabricating their own. I have no skills at bending metal (on purpose that is) or welding, so I knew I would have to find someone to make it for me. I reached out to Jared Hancock at Dirt Road Fabrication to see if he could mod his design to achieve my requests. They were already backed up with their current products that it takes 14 weeks to get what they were currently selling. He didn’t think his product would be able to hold an ice chests in the way I was wanting.

I stumbled across a company called WarHead OffRoad. I searched their name here on the forum back in August but returned 0 results. There has since been one person on the forum that has had a cage built for their Talon. This company specializes in Talon cage builds. They had what I was wanting but it was custom to their cage builds. I reached out to them and asked if they could possibly create what I was wanting and to be able to install it on a factory cage. They said they could and the lead time would be 4-6 weeks. Their shop got hit by Covid and set them back a few weeks. I received my tailgate a little over 9 weeks from the time I placed my order. That wait time included them designing the product. They now have them listed on their website for sale and it shows in stock. @Rednick69 ordered one from them last week but it hasn’t shipped yet. I assume it will take a few days for powder coating before shipment. I received mine on Monday and got it installed. It looks great and the quality is well built. I have not had a chance to test it yet but will report back if I have any issues. I installed it myself but highly recommend two people to install. It weighs about 65 pounds. I can fit a Yeti 35 quart or a RTIC 45 quart. Both ice chests hang off the platform a bit but I don’t see any issues with it. Link to their website below.

51F95B81 34C6 4F5D 9661 ECCF7BDE03EF
66CCBD58 9F45 4C8D B1B9 8727664F00A1
459A90FB 5FD5 4C7A 9A75 742F4BCDDE71
7422505D 20BB 40C8 9B04 31FDC78A83B3
BA8A4544 0389 49F0 9813 3DDC66D094BD
AEC056C1 11F8 40ED AF61 FE0F0E732AEE
9D2794DC BBA4 4A64 83C3 AE8EBCAC534E
818584BD B826 403B 9894 9FA2A2C9AB9F
E6FC9DC7 8569 4A39 8C88 7BCCEF2DF616
85706F01 632F 4020 BFD5 ED052E82526E
ACA45676 BF43 4CF9 9931 0F6D47F873F2

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have been wanting a tailgate that would swing open and allow my ice chest to swing out of the way for easy access to my TS storage box. I saw several ideas on this forum, but it was mostly people fabricating their own. I have no skills at bending metal (on purpose that is) or welding, so I knew I would have to find someone to make it for me. I reached out to Jared Hancock at Dirt Road Fabrication to see if he could mod his design to achieve my requests. They were already backed up with their current products that it takes 14 weeks to get what they were currently selling. He didn’t think his product would be able to hold an ice chests in the way I was wanting.

I stumbled across a company called WarHead OffRoad. I searched their name here on the forum back in August but returned 0 results. There has since been one person on the forum that has had a cage built for their Talon. This company specializes in Talon cage builds. They had what I was wanting but it was custom to their cage builds. I reached out to them and asked if they could possibly create what I was wanting and to be able to install it on a factory cage. They said they could and the lead time would be 4-6 weeks. Their shop got hit by Covid and set them back a few weeks. I received my tailgate a little over 9 weeks from the time I placed my order. That wait time included them designing the product. They now have them listed on their website for sale and it shows in stock. @Rednick69 ordered one from them last week but it hasn’t shipped yet. I assume it will take a few days for powder coating before shipment. I received mine on Monday and got it installed. It looks great and the quality is well built. I have not had a chance to test it yet but will report back if I have any issues. I installed it myself but highly recommend two people to install. It weighs about 65 pounds. I can fit a Yeti 35 quart or a RTIC 45 quart. Both ice chests hang off the platform a bit but I don’t see any issues with it. Link to their website below.

View attachment 303170View attachment 303171View attachment 303172View attachment 303173View attachment 303174View attachment 303175View attachment 303176View attachment 303177View attachment 303178View attachment 303179View attachment 303180
That’s awesome, thanks for posting this and for the link…😎👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 303170View attachment 303171View attachment 303172View attachment 303173View attachment 303174View attachment 303175View attachment 303176View attachment 303177View attachment 303178View attachment 303179View attachment 303180
Crap, that thing is $700.00………😳😂

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Good stuff that's designed and engineered in the USA isn't cheap, and cheaply made and priced Chinese ripoffs of those parts are not good.

Buy American, pay a little more for high quality, and don't be part of the problem.
^^^^This x1,000^^^^
🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X

Nice set up! What size tires are you running? I like that you have kept your stock wheels. Are all for the front wheel size?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah it is but if you have a need and it is the only one of its kind, $700 isn't too bad. Another company makes one similar that is more expensive and it wont allow your cooler to strap to the swing gate like this one. Plus it isn't near as beefy.
Oh yeah, can’t disagree with that…

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good stuff that's designed and engineered in the USA isn't cheap, and cheaply made and priced Chinese ripoffs of those parts are not good.

Buy American, pay a little more for high quality, and don't be part of the problem.
Sometimes. The Japanese designed SXS’s I own are superior to the American designed and built SXS’s, IMO….😉

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!