P1000 Warn axon 55 fitment

P

p1005buyer

Feb 23, 2021
ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at purchasing the warn axon 55 s and warn mount but I heared might have to modify to make it fit. Was wondering if anyone has installed one and will it fit?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The Axon line is awesome, very easy to install except for the slight fitment. Here is my thread with photos of what I did for the 45S. I'm sure it's similar. Also, I spoke directly to Warn about it and they sent some pics and had specific advice about mounting. I would talk to them if you have any issues.

My 45S Thread

Reactions: Lady01
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have the same setup.
it will fit, but you will have to trim the stock bumper in the lower corners a little.
you dont have to trim too much, you cant see what is trimmed looking at the front unless you get under it.

its not hard to do. it took a couple test fits but i got it to work.

i also moved the hawse down a little because i didnt like how close the rope was to the mount plate. it didnt rub with the rope wound perfectly even but it looked like it would rub if it got stacked up a little on the drum.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
My 45-s fit with no cutting of the bash plate. I used the Warn mounting plate. I read that the 55 is the same size as the 45.

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rope angle question:

with the warn mounting plate, and the rope coming off the spool at the bottom (closest to the mounting bolts), does everyones rope run straight out the front or does it angle up and over the fairlead then out?

mine comes up at about a 45 to the fairlead then out. (factory bumper and installed by honda)

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 45-s fit with no cutting of the bash plate. I used the Warn mounting plate. I read that the 55 is the same size as the 45.

Warn website has 45S and 55S dimensions listed as exactly the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not say’n you should alter your current setup but I avoided the rope angle and figment issues by purchasing the Warm front bumper. Solid attachment points and straight line feed. Not sure if it will accept a plow tho...

67A1988E A69F 4E8C BE64 F64C0186A2B0

Reactions: someguy1313

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!