P1000 Warn Vantage 4000

J

Jshell3

For the first time since forever (Takeover 2017), I'm using the forum for product research, again... HA!

Anyways, I asked the dealership to go ahead and do a dual battery set-up ISO and install a winch.
I can't remember the battery they said they would use for the dual battery, but I do know the winch will be a WARN VANTAGE 4000#.

Now I've searched the interweb, trying to get a video of it winching, or a product review made by someone OTHER than Warn... There's just not a lot about it... Dang Google. Pretty much the feedback is "They good, They expensive" - "others just as good, not as expensive"...

SO WHO HERE HAS THIS WINCH? Is it right sized for my P1k5 Deluxe?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
For the first time since forever (Takeover 2017), I'm using the forum for product research, again... HA!

Anyways, I asked the dealership to go ahead and do a dual battery set-up ISO and install a winch.
I can't remember the battery they said they would use for the dual battery, but I do know the winch will be a WARN VANTAGE 4000#.

Now I've searched the interweb, trying to get a video of it winching, or a product review made by someone OTHER than Warn... There's just not a lot about it... Dang Google. Pretty much the feedback is "They good, They expensive" - "others just as good, not as expensive"...

SO WHO HERE HAS THIS WINCH? Is it right sized for my P1k5 Deluxe?
Warn does make excellent products. Expensive but high quality. If your still shopping around look at KFI. I have a KFI 4500 lb winch, and KFI mount that i really like. Quality piece , little less expensive than Warn.

lot of options out there. I believe @drfubar and @GlockMeister have Quadboss, 5000lb units they really like.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at the pro vantage instead of just the vantage. The pro is built with better parts. I have the pro vantage and it's great. The rule of thumb for knowing what size winch to get is add the weight of the rig plus half to give you a general idea.

J

Jshell3

Dealership said they would go $350 on the winch + $180 on the install. I'm not sure if that includes the plate, tho. (might o_O)

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealership said they would go $350 on the winch + $180 on the install. I'm not sure if that includes the plate, tho. (might o_O)
Probably not. I think the Honda winch install kit is like another 250.
Got my QB 5000# for 264.00 w/ wireless and corded remote. Kfi winch mount for 50. Did the install myself. You can do it... It's easy to install.

Reactions: sharp
J

Jshell3

Probably not. I think the Honda winch install kit is like another 250.
Got my QB 5000# for 264.00 w/ wireless and corded remote. Kfi winch mount for 50. Did the install myself. You can do it... It's easy to install.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Glock...:)

I just called the dealership back. Warn Vantage (wire) 4000# Winch, KFI Plate, and taxes = $495.39 +$180 on the install. So that's $680 OTD.
(I don't know what I was smokin on the initial quote.)

To continue this conversation...
The Vantage 4000-synthetic is $604.96 +$180 = $785 OTD
The PRO Vantage 4500 Synthetic is $801.20 +$180 = $981 OTD (However, $50 mail in rebate on this one until the end of May 2017) net $931 OTD

So, I told them to do the $680 Vantage 4000# (installed) and IF I thought synthetic was needed, I'd Amazon the rope. (he agreed that wouldn't be a bad plan. Easy to swap, too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I have the vantage 4000 synthetic i believe, works well

J

Jshell3

Look at the pro vantage instead of just the vantage. The pro is built with better parts. I have the pro vantage and it's great. The rule of thumb for knowing what size winch to get is add the weight of the rig plus half to give you a general idea.
Thanks! I called back. Esp w a $50 mail in rebate. If it was close, I was ready to jump, but It's quite a bit more. (Probably Looks higher, still bc I'm letting them install it)
I have the vantage 4000 synthetic i believe, works well
Thanks!

Reactions: sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Glock...:)

I just called the dealership back. Warn Vantage (wire) 4000# Winch, KFI Plate, and taxes = $495.39 +$180 on the install. So that's $680 OTD.
(I don't know what I was smokin on the initial quote.)

To continue this conversation...
The Vantage 4000-synthetic is $604.96 +$180 = $785 OTD
The PRO Vantage 4500 Synthetic is $801.20 +$180 = $981 OTD (However, $50 mail in rebate on this one until the end of May 2017) net $931 OTD

So, I told them to do the $680 Vantage 4000# (installed) and IF I thought synthetic was needed, I'd Amazon the rope. (he agreed that wouldn't be a bad plan. Easy to swap, too)
Just looking out for ya bud! Trying to save ya some money so ya can get more goodies:D

J

JTW

Just food for thought... you might be better off buying the equipment and having them install it.

EMP mount- $75
Superwinch Terra 45- $199 prime
Synthetic line- $20-30 prime
Aluminum fairlead- $20 prime

Amazon has the Warn vantage for $300 prime.

advertisement
J

Jshell3

Just food for thought... you might be better off buying the equipment and having them install it.

EMP mount- $75

Well. It's probably a personal thing, but I own a copier/printer repair business... and I'm not a fan of that situation.

If you come to me for my expertise, don't Amazon me over it, too. (Or bring me parts purchased from somewhere else, because it was cheaper)

That dealership has its ways to procure its products and services. Handle defects, or warranty. Vendors they have relationships with to handle returns, warehousing, etc...

I wouldn't want to put that dealership in that situation, either.

I'll chalk it up to my inability or desire to install it myself. So I'll pay.

J

Jshell3

EMP mount- $75

On top of that, I believe ppl are paid according to the value they bring. And when things are easy for me, then they've done the work.

I pointed at the stack of winches on their sales floor... "Get me one of those."
(Never mind the overhead they endure just so I may have multiple choices)

And when I called back down there today to ask about "options", they were already working on installing the mounting plate... even though it may be 2 weeks before they call me that the clutch was ready.

So I appreciated that.

Secondly, if someone "Amazons me" I'll usually make it back by not offering a courtesy discount that I "would" have offered.

Like they say... They'll get you one way or another.

So I choose to let everyone take the high road. Sometimes at my expense.

J

Jshell3

EMP mount- $75

Oh... And to let you know, I appreciate you looking out for me. That rant wasn't directed towards ol' @JTW at all... he's my buddy. Big time.

I said all that so peeps know that I'm aware I could have worked at it just a little bit and saved some cash. (That's part of the fun, right!?!)

But instead I gave my reasons why I did not. That's all. Lol.

Plus, my wife said I needed a winch. I can't install a winch if I don't have a SxS handy. (So I let the dealership handle it while they put my new clutches in). Win win win.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!