P700 Warn VR45 Install Questions Honda Pioneer 700-4 (2024)

K

Kshap448

Jan 31, 2024
Bryant AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Happy Saturday All,

I could sure use your help on this one. I purchased a Warn VR-45 winch from Amazon and Mounting Kit. I noticed that after I installed the mounting bracket and the winch, that on the box of the winch it was a kit for a Can-AM. The mounting bracket was for a Honda but the relay is marked differently than the Honda kit.

I am totally stumped on the relay wiring. The leads from the battery are black and red and the leads from the winch are blue and yellow. I also ordered a rocker switch from Honda SXS store and have it installed as well (probably not on the correct spade on the relay or the T-Tap may not be correct on the ignition wire. When I turn on the bike and use the rocker switch I get nothing.

I know the pictures are not the best and I can take more upon request if need be. I would greatly appreciate any assistance on this as I am absolutely stumped.

Thank you all in advance.

IMG 9252 IMG 9253 IMG 9254 IMG 9255 IMG 9256 IMG 9257

E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
CanAm vs Honda shouldn't matter aside from maybe bolt hole patterns where it mounts to the UTV.

When I installed my Viper, the instructions for the solenoid switch were flat wrong. Took some trial and error to get the solenoid to engage.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Black need a ground. This is usually done with a little jumper wire to the large ground wire post on the solenoid.

Blue (both) are the IN/OUT wires from the switch. I think that's what you have now on the black. Move it to the other Blue.
They will reverse hot/ground depending on which way you selected from the rocker switch.

If your winch is reversed. Just swap the wires in the blue post.

Other than that...
The pic with the tap. What did you tap?
You should not tap a important wire.
You should tap a ACC circuit wire. 2071cf256fbf3f759506a51a3e35c1a6

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

K

Kshap448

Jan 31, 2024
Bryant AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
CanAm vs Honda shouldn't matter aside from maybe bolt hole patterns where it mounts to the UTV.

When I installed my Viper, the instructions for the solenoid switch were flat wrong. Took some trial and error to get the solenoid to engage.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Thank you

K

Kshap448

Jan 31, 2024
Bryant AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Black need a ground. This is usually done with a little jumper wire to the large ground wire post on the solenoid.

Blue (both) are the IN/OUT wires from the switch. I think that's what you have now on the black. Move it to the other Blue.
They will reverse hot/ground depending on which way you selected from the rocker switch.

If your winch is reversed. Just swap the wires in the blue post.

Other than that...
The pic with the tap. What did you tap?
You should not tap a important wire.
You should tap a ACC circuit wire. View attachment 429552

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!