P1000 Warn Winch 4500 synthetic -FAILURE!!!!!!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Warn is my favorite and the most reliable of all that I have used and abused.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
To each his own.
They sent me a new winch.

Sounds like great customer service. I broke a Warn winch when making a custom mount, warn still sent me the replacement parts at no cost to me. And I told them the truth. Traveller now has a warn winch on both front and back.

Now on the Farm Rig, I got the Super Winch Terra 45. When it starts squealing I know it’s time to take it apart and clean the mud and water out. Never had to do that to a warn.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To each his own.
They sent me a new winch.
Sounds like they did the right thing. Perhaps you could acknowledge that and be thankful. It's becoming harder to find good reputable companies these days and slamming them online before they even have a chance to make it right isn't helping anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like great customer service. I broke a Warn winch when making a custom mount, warn still sent me the replacement parts at no cost to me. And I told them the truth. Traveller now has a warn winch on both front and back.

Now on the Farm Rig, I got the Super Winch Terra 45. When it starts squealing I know it’s time to take it apart and clean the mud and water out. Never had to do that to a warn.
Traveller ............ gotta be for ole REL ride!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know to each there own and everyone has somewhat different luck with things but my personal luck with Warn has been anything but bad. Used nothing else over the years so can’t compare nor will I give something else a chance. Currently have two Warn 4500’s for the Pioneer (one of which will have been on its 6th vehicle over the last 4 Years) and one for the Wolverine. We are fairly hard on winches and do more then just pulls from the mud. To this date never a problem other then snapped cables.
I’m sure many other good winches but once you have good luck with something it’s hard to swap. If I had a Harbor Fright without fail I’d buy another till one failed.

Reactions: ZeroG
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know to each there own and everyone has somewhat different luck with things but my personal luck with Warn has been anything but bad. Used nothing else over the years so can’t compare nor will I give something else a chance. Currently have two Warn 4500’s for the Pioneer (one of which will have been on its 6th vehicle over the last 4 Years) and one for the Wolverine. We are fairly hard on winches and do more then just pulls from the mud. To this date never a problem other then snapped cables.
I’m sure many other good winches but once you have good luck with something it’s hard to swap. If I had a Harbor Fright without fail I’d buy another till one failed.

WHAT??????????
Come on CP.

Are you trying to convince us that you have actually gotten off a paved road and actually unspooled a winch?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
WHAT??????????
Come on CP.

Are you trying to convince us that you have actually gotten off a paved road and actually unspooled a winch?
There was this one time the pavement turned into gravel. I did proceed at least a 1/4 mile!

advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There was this one time the pavement turned into gravel. I did proceed at least a 1/4 mile!

You really expect anyone to believe that kind of foolishness from you CP?

NO way that that ever happened nor ever will.

TRUTH.......
your synthetic cable got wet and finally dry rotted and that's why you had to run your winch all the way out!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!