P700 Warn winch solenoid location ok?

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I bought my 2021 700-2 I had the dealer install a 4500# Honda/Warn winch. I'm planning on adding a second battery so I'm looking at where to position all the components so that it doesn't turn out to be a rat's nest. While looking at the winch wiring I see that the winch solenoid is bolted to a cross bar behind and above the driver's side front wheel. (See pictures)
This spot would seem to me to be likely to damage the solenoid from kicked up debris.

Is this location ok or should I relocate it while I'm doing everything else?

Thanks, Steve.
20210208 142131
20210208 142120
20210208 142224

Reactions: Mudwing
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would not have been my first choice for location but I'm picky and like to do my own work. Is there enough wire to move it higher up under the hood? If not maybe just leave it where it is. Looks like good work

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
LOL Rats nest is exactly what I have going on! I wasn't going to do a bunch of MOD's so I didn't worry to much about pre planning placement and routing. But me being me I've done a ton of MOD's and now have a train wreck of a mess. my under hood is a sh&% show! I do have a couple of more big mods I'm going to over the next couple of months so I'll leave it for now then take the whole mess apart build wire looms do some better mount planning. it will still be cramped because of the heater but I have got to make it better than it is.
Moral of this story plan your lay out like your going to change the world. (Not I do it nice but I do it twice) Some times I just hate myself LOL

Reactions: VTbarn1 and Mudwing
Dangb1

Dangb1

Oct 25, 2020
Ogema Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is where I mounted the winch solenoid under the hood of my 2019 700 2. I had a 2017 HiSun 750 SxS and the location of yours is where HiSun mounted it from the factory, my brothers cub cadet 750 challenger is also mounted there (actually a HiSun with a cub cadet body), there was a flat plate under it that kind of helped to protect it. I had it for 2 years pushed a lot of snow up here in Wisconsin and never had any problems with it located there.
IMG 0609 1

Reactions: VTbarn1 and Mudwing
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Personally, I'd move it under the hood.

I actually mounted mine on the removable "deflector" thing between the fan and firewall. Twice.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!